Part 14

Hailee's POV:

Y/n walks into our house and she looks so stressed out. "How was therapy?"

"Same as it used to be. Shit," Y/n sighs. Oh...

"Well, did it help with any problems?" I check.

"Nope. She kept bringing up my family issues and then claiming she never knew about them."

"I'm sorry. But I think you should still go," I reason.

"Fine," she plops down onto a chair next to mine.

"Oh, remember that we're going out for lunch with part of the cast today," I remind Y/n.

"Do I have to go?" Y/n whines.

"Yes. Unless you want them to get suspicious, you don't want anyone knowing about it, right?"

"I hate it when you're right. Fine, I'll go," she gives in.

"Well, we should get going now," I stand up and grab my coat.

She stands up, grabs her coat, and we go out to the car. I get in the driver's seat and we drive to the restaurant in silence.

Y/n's POV:

We arrive and everyone is already there, waiting for us. "Hey, sorry we're late," Hailee apologises for the two of us.

"You're okay. We haven't ordered yet," Evans dismisses us.

We sit down and soon after, the waiter comes over.

"Hello, I'll be your waiter today. What can I get you all today?" We're kindly greeted.

Evans, Johansson, Downey, Renner, Larson and Hailee all order and everyone's attention is brought to me.

"And for you?" The waiter smiles.

"Oh, nothing for me. Thank you," I fold the menu and hand it to them.

"Alright. I'll be back with your orders soon enough." And with that, they leave.

"Y/n, why aren't you eating?" Robert kindly worries for me.

"Oh, big breakfast, I guess," I answer almost immediately. Thank you, acting skills.

"But you didn't have breakfast," Hailee reminds me. Of course, Hailee knows I'm bullshitting it right now.

"Yes, thank you for reminding me, Hailee. I'll just eat at the house," I make up on the spot.

"Nonsense! We can call the waiter back over," Jeremy offers.

"No! No, no. I'm fine, I'm not even hungry," I dismiss him.

"Y/n... Are you feeling okay?" Brie checks.

"Mm-hm. Perfect. Will you excuse me as I go to the bathroom?"

"Of course," Scarlett gives me a worried smile.

I stand up and rush to the bathroom.

I lock the stall door and slowly sit down on the shut toilet and just break down.

I cry into my arms as I lose my breath. I breathe heavily over and over again, trying to stay alive. The walls start closing in and I feel cramped.

My vision blurs from all my tears.

"Y/n? I know you're in there," I hear a light knocking on the stall door.

I can't make out the voice, I can't speak either.

"Okay, I'm knocking down this door with you in front of it or not," she warns, and soon enough, a big bang happens and the door falls.

"Y/n! I'm here, I'm here," the voice rushes and brings me into her arms.

"No, no, stop! Stop it! Please, don't touch me!" I cry out to what could be nobody.

The phantom slowly unravels me from their arms and stands back up.

"What happened?" The sympathetic voice asks.

I let out a shaky breath.

The voice calms me down enough for me to talk and be able to slightly see.

Oh, it's Scarlett!

"Shh, shh. Tell me, what happened?" She whispers in a calming voice.

"He..." Is all I can stutter out.

"What did he do? Do I need to go kick some ass? I'll go full Black Widow on them with the word," she jokes.

"He... Touched me... Xander..." I reluctantly cry out.

"What!? Y/n, I'm so sorry," Scarlett holds my cheek and I harshly hit her hand away with a loud slap.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm so fucked up! That's why Hailee forced me into therapy. And all I could do was scream at my therapist!"

"Your therapist? You forgot her name that quick?" Scarlett laughs.

"I... Yeah," I admit.

"Anne."

"Who?"

"Your therapist is called Anne. Even I know. Now, are you ready to get back out there?" Scarlett stands up from her recent crouching state.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" I shakingly stand up.

"Oh, and, Y/n. Please eat something soon. Don't do something to yourself that you don't deserve," Scarlett stops me at the door.

"I will," I bluntly lie.

"Thank you."

We both walk back to our table and Chris stands up. "Thank god you're okay, Y/n. You were gone for 20 minutes!" He pulls me in for a hug.

I try to squirm out but his grip is too tight.

Images of what happened that night flash threw my mind. Him gripping my wrists, pounding into me, me screaming in pain.

I finally get out of his grip and sit next to Hailee. My breathing is already hitching and Hailee notices. "You're fine, he isn't here. You're safe," Hailee whispers in my ear.

I slightly nod my head and glance out of the window. Xander? He's here?

I shake my head, but I still see him staring at me.

"Could I go get some fresh air please?" But before they answer, I'm out the door.

"Hey, princess. I thought I'd come to pick you up and take you on a date," he smiles at me.

"A date? Why would I do that?" I hiss.

"Well, we're kinda a thing now, you know?"

"What? Do you not know what you did?" I pull him into an alley.

"You fucking raped me, you tormented me. How the fuck do you think I like you?" I rant on at him.

"Stop," he puts his hand out. He grabs my wrists tightly and pulls me into him. He connects our lips softly but roughly at the same time.

I try to squirm and kick him away, but he overpowers me again. He pulls back and whispers. "Now, I'd love to continue, but I have to work."

He lets go of his rough contact with my wrists and walks away.

I walk back into the dining place and everyone looks at me.

"What happened to your wrists!?" Chris averts everyone's attention to my bruised wrists.

Fuck.

"Oh..." I let slip out.

"Right, we're going home. Bye," Hailee stands up and quickly walks out of the diner. I glance at everyone and follow Hailee out.

I reach the car and Hailee starts driving.

"What the fuck?" Hailee breaks our silence.

"Um..."