Part 16

Y/n's POV:

To nobody's surprise, I didn't sleep that night either.

I know this since Hailee walks downstairs and pauses as she sees me sitting on the couch again. Frozen.

"Morning. How did you sleep?" Hailee queries.

"Morning. I slept well, you?" Lie number 1.

"Good, yeah," Hailee sighs.

"What time is it?" I probe.

"9:50. You should get ready for therapy," Hailee reminds me.

"Yeah. I will," I stand up and walk away.

After getting changed and a bit of sitting around...and crying... Scarlett arrives.

I get into her car and we begin driving.

"Ready?" Scarlett checks.

"Yep," I sigh out. Therapy sucks.

"It's okay if you're not. It's okay to not be okay, you know? You can talk to us and we'll listen. We always will. We've got your back. So, if there's anything that the therapist might bring up that I don't know about, tell me now, please?"

"Nope, nothing that you don't know," lie number 2 of the day.

We arrive at the building a little late so we just rush to the room.

"Y/n! You're here. And I see you've brought your friend. Hello, Scarlett," Alya greets us... Or Ara... Or Ava. It doesn't matter!

"Well, you kind of made me, didn't you?" I whip back.

"Made is a strong word. I'd say, recommended," she corrects me.

"You made me bring someone, I brought someone. Take it or leave it," I sigh as we both sit down.

"Alright. Time to begin. Have you eaten since the last time we spoke?" Alice asks? No, not Alice.

I glance at Scarlett and she is staring me down.

"I don't remember," lie number 3. A bad lie, but a lie's a lie.

"Y/n, this will only work if we communicate. Have you?" Ariel asks? Wrong!

"No," I give in.

"Okay, what about sleep? Have you slept?" Aimee asks. You know, I'm just going to say A.

"No."

"This isn't okay, Y/n. You need to eat and sleep," A voices her concerns.

"Do you think that I think this is okay? I'm not a bonehead! Why do you think I'm not eating? So my body can finally stop as it should've years ago!"

"Y/n..." Scarlett whispers.

"What? What is it?" I turn to Scarlett.

"What the hell is wrong with you? What broke you?" Scarlett raises her voice to reach mine.

"What...?" I ask in disbelief.

"What broke you? How is it possible for someone to be as broken as you?" She repeats herself, louder than last time.

"It's not my fault! Do you think I wanted any of this!? I was violated as a human being! Do you know how that feels!? Of course, you don't! You've never had to go threw my shit! I got abused by both my parents. My mum is dead and dad is in jail. Anyone I was close to as a child fucked off. The only relative I liked was my Aunt Ann-Louise and she's not been seen for years! I became a drug addict at the age of 13, imagine that! I overdosed at the age of 14, and nearly never came back! I fucking died in Lizzie's arms! And Lizzie now hates me! I have self-harmed my whole life! And to top it all off, my "best friend" fucking raped me! I can't even feel safe with my closest friend! But I can't talk to the person I rely on most in this world because then she'd dump me! Fucking imagine!"

"Wow..." Scarlett sighs. "I didn't know half that shit. I'm so sorry... I just yelled because I knew it'd make you talk..."

"Progress!" A yells out.

"Lizzie never told us," Scarlett acknowledges.

"She promised. Unlike mine, her promises are at least half full. Lizzie and I have never talked about it since," I whisper.

"I wish I knew. I would've treated you like royalty. You are amazing. And I'm not just saying that because I feel I have to, I genuinely believe it. You know... I consider you as the one who got away. I wish I made my move before Hailee did," Scarlett reassures me.

"You're just saying that. You don't consider me as that," I expose her.

"Think that all you like, it's true."

"Wow. Funny thing is that I had a thing for you. Guess our times didn't overlap," I sigh.

"What...? Uh, yeah, yeah. Guess so," Scarlett dismisses her thoughts.

"Well, this was very therapeutic for you. Opening up to a friend is one of the best ways to get better. I have learned more about you now, which is great. But our time's up. Could you bring Scarlett here next time again?" A requests.

"Scarlett?" I check.

"Fine by me. Bye, Anne," Scarlett stands up to leave. Anne! Her name's Anne! I'll forget that by next time.

I get up and we both leave.

We walk to Scar's car and we begin to drive home.

"So, we both liked each other? Maybe that time we kissed should've become more," I try to lighten up the tense mood.

"Yeah, maybe. Hey, when did you like me?"

"Oh, about two years ago. Yeah, when we started talking about Infinity War. When did you like me?"

"Ah, same time about.." Scarlett nervously chuckles. I can see the pain in her eyes.

"Well, it's a missed chance, I guess."

We arrive at my house and I thank Scarlett before getting out.

Scarlett's POV:

"And I never stopped liking you," I mumble as I watch Y/n go into her house.

Ugh, a missed chance. I hate that!

I sigh and lean my head down onto the wheel.