Part 18

(Oh my god, I'm alive again. It's been so long, y'all probably completely forgot about this book. So I'm expecting no reads. But here you go.)

Y/N's POV:

I step out of the limo with Scarlett and we walk down the red carpet. Stopping for pictures and signing some things.

As we're taking pictures, it starts pouring down.

Let's say, everyone's make-up got ruined.

I keep looking down as I see the stuff Scarlett put on my legs running off.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

I get called over for an interview and by now I'm shitting myself.

"Hey, Y/n! We're so glad that you're here tonight! There have been a lot of rumours that you and Tom are dating! Is that true?" The interviewer asks.

"Oh, no, no. I'm with Hailee and very gay. And Tom has a girlfriend. But I can't say who, so don't bother asking," I explain.

"How is it going with you and Hailee?" The interviewer enquires.

Now, this question should be easy, a simple "we're going great. We've never been better". But that's not the case, I've been feeling like Hailee doesn't care about me anymore. I was actually thinking about...ending things.

"Y/n? You kinda blanked there," the interviewer says, knocking me out of my trance.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I was just thinking how...great Hailee and I have been. We've never been better," I fake a smile.

"Okay. Do you know anything about this movie?"

"Oh, no, no. All of these Marvel movies mumble into one for me. It's way too confusing," I chuckle.

"I completely understand, it gets confusing for me too. But I still can't wait to see it," they smile.

"Yeah, I agree. I should probably get going now, I don't want to get in trouble," I make up.

"Okay, good bye," the interview cheerily smirks.

I walk away and Hailee gets over to me.

"Y/n, hey," Hailee greets.

"Hi," I reply nonchalantly.

"You okay?" She checks.

"Oh, just perfect. You?" I turn to face her.

"Fine... Are you okay? You seem so salty," Hailee observes.

"I'm sorry that I'm not the happiest person alive right now. Life's shit. You don't understand it. Just let me handle this my way," I sigh.

"You're way is doing nothing about it until you become a drug addict again," Hailee whisper-shouts at me.

"H-how do you know that...?" I whisper at her.

"Scarlett told me. Along with plenty other things," Hailee explains.

"She... I'm going home. Find somewhere else to sleep tonight," I reply angrily and walk away.

I get home and my phone starts ringing.

"Who? Scarlett," I roll my eyes and decline the call.

My phone rings again but this time it isn't Scarlett. I answer it and put the phone to my ear.

"Hi."

"Hey, Y/n," Lizzie starts. "I heard about Hailee, I'm so sorry. I know we've not been super close lately, but I hope that can change."

"Yeah... Thanks..." I sniffle.

"Want me to come over?" She softly asks.

I just nod my head, breaking down in tears.

"You nodded, yeah?"

I nod again.

"Okay. I'll be there soon," she says and hangs up.

I throw my phone onto the couch and crawl onto the floor, crying my eyes out. The door swings open, Lizzie.

She comes in, silent. Nothing needs to be said. She hugs me softly. And I don't even back up, I miss her.

After the comfortable silence of being in each others arms, I say. "He touched me."

"I know, honey, I know. I'm so sorry," she whispers.

After what felt like hours of crying, I completely stop.

"Talk to me," Lizzie whispers.

"Nothing's wrong. I'm fine."

"Y/n."

"I'm fine," I snap. "I just needed to cry."

"Okay, Y/n. How about I make you some pasta?" Lizzie offers.

"N- yes, please."

"Okay. Okay," Lizzie slowly gets up and leaves, leaving me on the floor.

I don't know when, but when Lizzie comes back, I'm already on the couch.

"Pasta's ready," she announces quietly.

We eat in silence. Absolute silence.

That's all that had to be said.