𝟎𝟓.

--------☾--------

-ᴀᴄᴛ 4-

-𝑤𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑠-

𝑤𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑠

In a small clearing underneath the full moon, a group of unlikely werewolf hunters gathers.
Chris drops an equipment bag on the ground in front of Maya, Scott, Isaac, and Derek. Then kneels to examine the numerous prints in the dirt.

"You've been tracking them by print?" Chris asks the group.

"Trying to."

"Then you've been wasting your time. The only creature on earth that can visually track footprints is aman." "And if you're not trained like me you have no idea that this print is Boyd's and these--"

"Are Cora's?" Isaac answers and Maya just pats him on the back before Chris corrects him.

"No, they're yours. You trampled Cora's when you first walked over here." Isaac lifts his foot to back up. Then doesn't seem to know where to step.

"I know the four of you are probably focusing half your energy on resisting your own urges under the full moon. But that puts you at a severe disadvantage to Boyd and Cora who have fully given in. They've got the pedal to the floor, while you four are barely hitting the speed limit." Chris explains.

"What do we do?" Scott asked looking around at the others making sure they were paying attention.

"Focus on your sense of smell. Actual wolves, like Maya here, they're known to track their prey for up to a hundred miles a day by scent. The trained hunter can use scent to trap them..."

𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑑𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑜𝑑𝑠

Now in black and armed to the teeth, Allison appears out of the shadows with a hunting knife. She makes a small cut on her forearm and lets a drop of blood fall onto the leaf of a plant.

𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘 𝑤𝑖𝑡ℎ 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠

"If the wind is with them, wolves can track a scent by a distance of two miles. Which means we can draw them to us. Or into a trap..." From the equipment bag, Chris pulls out a net and tosses it to Scott. He gathers it in his hands, pulling at it to test its strength.

"The full moon does give us one advantage. They'll have a higher heat signature..."

Chris pulls out a pair of night-vision goggles. "Which makes them easier to spot with infrared. He tosses the goggles up to Maya and drops the pair into Isaac's hands.