𝟏𝟒. 𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐚𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕:

I pace back and forth around my room

I pace back and forth around my room. Thoughts roaming around in my head, Derek possibly being alive, Isaac bringing me back, and feeling the need and want to turn it all off.

I hear footsteps coming up the stairs, going down the hall and stopping in-front of my door. "Come in... I heard you come up the stairs"

The doorknob turns and Isaac peaks his head through. "I haven't heard from you in a while. You haven't been at school, I just wanted to make sure you're okay."

I nod and sit on my bed, staring down at the floor. Avoiding all eye contact with Isaac.

"Maya, I just wanna apologize for what I put you through these last few weeks. I only broke up with you because I felt as if you deserved better and I couldn't be want you needed..."

I snap my neck to look at him as he sat next to me. I say nothing. Absolutely nothing.

"Maya please say something... the silence is killing me." He pleaded.

"How do you know what I needed? Because I needed you and you left... do you know how long  I cried after you left? I continue to cry and cry and cry" I say softly. "But as you can see tears aren't getting me anywhere." I stand and go to move to the other side of the room when Isaac grabs my hand, stopping me in my tracks.

"I'm sorry... I never wanted hurt you" He pulls me in a bit closer. Our faces nearly touching. "Please, forgive me. I love you and I don't want you hate me..."

I don't even think. I just grab Isaac by the face and kiss him.

After a few minutes we pull away, breathing heavily.
"Does that mean you forgive me?"

I laugh at his stupidity as I kiss him on the cheek once more.