A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 15

--Sidney's POV Tuesday (2-8)--

I stood in the doorway of the kitchen watching the girls as they cooked. Chuckling under my breath, I watched Malana show Taylor how to spread the dough. I loved that she fit in with my family so well, like she belonged. She did belong. It was a relieve to know my family liked her so well. I knew they would but it was still a worry for me. If my family didn't completely love her I don't know what I would have done.

Remembering I told my dad I was just going to get a drink, I grabbed some coffee and headed back to the living room.

--Wednesday (2-9)--

"So what store do you want to go to first?" I listened to Mal talk to my sister as they walked away. This was her way of giving me some time with my parents. Taylor loved Mal that much was obvious. She'd taken to dressing like her even. ( http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=28851680 ) Malana treated her like a little sister.

My mom, dad, and I walked down the beach outside the condo. I knew they were biding their time to start the conversation they've been dying to have since meeting Malana.

"I'm proud of you," my father said clapping me on the back. "Sid, I'm happy for you," he said sincerely.

My mother smiled at me, "She's perfect," she said shaking her head, "More so than I could have imagined possible. She's just.. exactly what you need Sid. As a mother, I love her, she's taken every worry for you away from me."

"She is great, isn't she?" I said grinning.

"You love her don't you?" my dad asked. That shocked me my dad was a guy after all. Normally we as a gender don't say things like that. My dad isn't really a great person reader either. He can't normally see how people are feeling. With this he seemed so sure though. It must be that easy to see on my face.

A small smile crept onto my face, looking down at the sand I answered, "Ya, I love her... so much. I just... I didn't realize this is what it felt like. I always found peoples description of love ridiculous. Nothing could be like that... but it is." Out of nowhere my mother was hugging me crying.

"Don't get me wrong Sid I wanted this, but you just grew up so fast. I knew I couldn't be the most important thing to you forever, I thought it would hurt when this happened, but I'm grateful. I want you to have that one person that you love more than anything. I'm so happy you found that. I was so scared. You need that, you have so much to deal with, I'm scared for you. I'm so happy that you have someone to help you through it. So... happy," she said through her tears.

I hugged her back. "I love you mom." I held her up for awhile when she seemed ok I let go turning to my dad. For the first time since my grandfather died, I saw tears in his eyes. (Author's Note: I didn't find any information on any family members dying so I just killed one off. God forbid his grandfather really is dead, but it fit so... If this offended anyone I'm sorry.) I hugged him. "I love you dad."

"I love you son."

-- 5 o'clock--

"WE'RE BACK!!!!!!!!!" Taylor came in screaming. In her hands were hundreds of shopping bags. What did Malana do?! I chuckled to myself, apparently she found away around her dilemma of being unable to shop considering the fact that no more clothes will fit in her closet, by picking out clothes for my little sister. Her plane on getting those to fit in Taylor's suitcase was the question.

"Sorry we're late! We have to go get ready!" Malana screamed pushing Taylor up the stairs. I sighed, I'd been standing around in a suit for half an hour, and the Florida weather had me sweating terribly. Fifeteen minutes later both girls ran down the steps. Malana almost fell over trying to run and put on her shoes at the same time. Chuckling I caught her. I then noticed how short her dress was. I discretely checked her out while my parents fussed over Taylors new dress. ( http://www.polyvore.com/dinner/set?id=28415268 ) Malana's dress was short, but not slutty short, just enough to make her look like she knows how to dress well and kept you wondering what was under that... Sometimes it was hard for me not to just carry her to a bed. I'm a guy after all, I respect her, but... I'm a guy. I would never pressure her into anything she didn't want, I love her, but I AM A GUY. These feelings drive me insane. She doesn't exactly help when she wears things like that. Knowing her she probably has no idea what girls like her, in dresses like that, do to guys. Before I could let my thoughts wonder to far I mentioned that if we didn't leave we'll miss our reservation.