A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 18

10 games and the first round. No one was surprised. All the people around Pittsburgh I had talked to were in agreement he deserved it. It was a stupid move, period.

My anger had died down. He got his punishment, there's no reason to continue to harass him. I still didn't like the way he reacted to other people on the ice, but he claims that will change. Do I believe him? I want to.

Sidney has talked to him since then and says he does seem fairly genuinely sorry. But, as Sid said, he's seemed genuinely sorry before.

Sidney has been in a great mood all week. Even today when we went mattress shopping with an added child to help he was relatively giddy.:

We walked into the mattress warehouse. This was one of the last things Sid had to pick up for the new house. He needed four queens and two kings, odd for someone who plans to live alone at least for a couple years. Talbot went running ahead of us like the kid he is. When he jumped on the first mattress I immediately looked around for adults like I was a teenager again whose friend just broke something in Walmart we didn't want to pay for. When no employees came to yell I faced him. He sat in the middle of the mattress with a smirk on his face waiting for his 'mommy' of the day to yell at him. Ignoring his immaturity Sidney continued on through the store to the type of mattress he liked. After trying out a few he layed down on one and smiled.

"Lay down," he instructed.

I obeyed. It was like heaven. The foam shrunk underneath me just enough that it was like lying on a cloud. It was so peaceful if you managed to ignore the sound of Superstar jumping off the spring mattresses in the background.

"Jump," came the next instruction.

"Excuse me?!"

"Jump."

"Why?"

"I want to see if the mattress will move when you get up to pee," he explained.

"This is your mattress, why does it matter if it moves when someone gets up to pee? It's not like you're going to wake yourself up."

"I meant when you pee," he tried to explain, much to my bewilderment. To the continued confused look he was receiving he continued, "When was the last time I slept alone Mal?"

"Ohh, you mean when I stay at your house you don't want me to wake you up every time I pee? Gotcha," I stood up and jumped. I laughed, I do pee a lot through the night. Who knew Sidney woke up to that?

"What do you think your doing?!?!" I jumped off the mattress right in front of a very pissed off looking employee.

"I... uh... he..." I stuttered pointing to Talbot who was still jumping. The guy and Talbot both cracked up. Talbot made his way over mocking me.

"He kides. I told him to yell," Max explained as they continued to howl with laughter. Sidney, still laying on the mattress, was also laughing. I stood there blushing as I waited for them all to calm down.

They eventually did and Sidney purchased his mattress. After a couple more hours (Sid was extremely selective and Max's immaturity seems never ending) he had bought all the mattresses and we were on our way to continue decorating the house.

--

We, meaning I, had decorated the inside of the house most of the day. Sidney had put away his clothes, pans, etc. but could not for the life of him figure out how to make things look nice and put together throughout the house. I made it his style as much as possible but sometimes my inner designer, or was it just my inner woman, came out and put vases and things on different spaces. His trophies were the hardest to do, because I was afraid to touch them figuring he had some superstition buried in that box of Riminski figures. I spent the better part of that hour directing Sidney on how to place them on the shelves without actually doing it myself.