A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 25

"Mal.. Mal... MALANA ADDISON!!!" I groggily opened my eyes. Sidney was standing beside the bed tugging his pants on. It was July 1st, hardly, being it was 4 in the morning, and we were flying to Nova Scotia in four hours. After explaining everything to Sidney the day after the wedding, thankfully everything was going back to normal. If anything Sid and I are closer now that the walls are completely down. To say I was scared to tell him is an understatement. No one knew about any part of that. I'd never tell anyone as much as I told Sid. He knew me through and through. Thankfully, he didn't look at me differently because of it, which was the biggest fear. I'm glad Sidney can look past my family situation. 

As I crawled out of the bed toward the bathroom I once again questioned why I let Sid buy tickets for July 1st. He seemed to think being on an airplane would help us to keep calm as his friends signed contracts that could potentially have them moving cross country and never letting us see them for months. Calming my ass, I was freaking out. Hell, Talbo could sign with Vancuver like he wants and I won't even know for hours cause I'll be on a plane! I was already up half the night checking my phone for updates if they resigned some guys. The fact that guys like TK, Rupper, and.. Talbo didn't have a contract worried me. Talbo being my least hopeful. He'd already discussed it with Sid, and as much as Sidney hated to admit it he though it made sense for them to leave. I couldn't voice my argument once he explained his main reasoning-he has a baby and a wife to worry about, he can't sign an only three year contract. 

On the note of his wife, the news was out. Everyone in the hockey world knew about Talbot getting married The baby news, at least for now, is still under raps, but Maxy announced the wife news in an interview with the Trib. Pictures of his new wife were surfacing everywhere. Pictures of the wedding were being posted online. I was shocked when the media swarm left the wedding topic for a new one-me. Pictures of Sid and I dancing or kissing were showing up everywhere. Sid's agent was getting calls from hockey magazines asking for my name so they could do a spread. ESPN made it one of their top 10 stories one morning. At one point a fuzzy picture of us dancing made the front page of a gossip magazine. Every where we went pictures were being taken. I was thankful to be leaving for Canada to leave all of the madness behind. 

I hurriedly got dressed and walked out of the bathroom. I'd been dressing pretty inconspicuously lately to avoid drawing attention to myself. I grabbed my aviators and put them on my head. Wearing sunglasses at five in the morning might be a little weird but at least there's a better chance of no one recognizing me. ( http://www.polyvore.com/return_to_nova_scotia/set?id=33366400 ) Taking once last look around the room to make sure everything was off and we didn't forget anything, I grabbed my carry on and turned off the light. I walked down the hall checking every room that they were ready for us to be gone a couple months. I started down the steps only to get caught up in my heels and go rolling down the entire flight. I laid on the ground for a minute laughing at myself before I got to my feet. I looked over to the doorway to see Sid leaning against it with an eyebrow raised and a slight smirk. 

"Walk much?"

"I don't wanna talk about it," I said brushing past him on my way to finishing the rooms check. 

When I was finally finished we left the house. The airport is only 18 minutes away from our house, so we arrived easily. Once through security and baggage I dragged Sidney to one of my favorite things in the world. Little known fact about me-I am a Starbucks addict. I have a serious problem. White chocolate mocha's are my heroine. 

I order my Venti White Chocolate Mocha Hot and coffee cake, while Sidney orders a medium black coffee and 'that bread loaf thing with the chocolate inside?' I translated chocolate croissant to the poor worker and rolled my eyes towards my boyfriend, indicating that he's not very good with modern ordering. The barista chuckled at my knowledge and Sidney's, well, non-knowledge. We picked up our order and walked over to sit down at one of the tables outside of Mickey D's. It was times like these I was thankful Pittsburgh airport was small and not very busy during the morning or late at night. Sidney was obviously enjoying his 'loaf of bread' as I watched him. It was moments like this that I couldn't understand but I was struck with the love I felt for him. At random times like these in the back of my mind all I could think is 'I love him.' He was weird, he was adorable, he was perfect.