A Pittsburgh Penguins Love Story 22

"Would you be in my wedding?" 

I slammed on the breaks as I almost crashed into a little blue car as I merged onto the center lane at the Fort Pitt tunnel. I momentarily took my mind off the 'situation' and got the car under control. Once entering the tunnel back in the line of travic I shook my head trying to clear my mind. 

"Hh.. wha- wha- ah- when..?" 

"Next Saturday."

"Do you really think now's the time for joking?!" Talbots getting married. Talbots having a baby... With my soon-to-be-fiances best friend. Married. Pregnant. How can I propose now without feeling like I'm trying to one up them?!

"Is there another way? We want to married before the little guys born," his kept his voice light and even. Talbot would make an amazing father and I know he'll step up and do this right, but... he acts like a kid himself, he didn't want this yet. 

"I'm happy for you man. I realize this is a lot faster than you wanted it, but hey we all know this would've happened sooner or later between you two.  She's great for you." 

"I'm just... I don't want to screw this up." 

"Talbo, I know you. You'll make his work. I know you don't see it now, but you'll be a great father. That baby will never stop laughing. You can do this- and do this well." 

"Thanks man. That really really does mean a lot."

"Anytime Talbo."

"So you never answered my question," he chuckled, " Will you be in my wedding."

"It would mean a lot to me to be a part of that Max."

"Thank you," it wasn't like Talbot to be so genuine. "Now Flower's the best man so you'll have your work cut out for you."

"He's gonna make me do it all and then take credit in the speech right."

"He's in the NHL and his name is Flower. Let him have something."

--- 

Pulling into the garage I saw Mal already standing there, phone to her ear bouncing on her legs in anticipation. I slowly got out of the car, making her roll her eyes and grab my hand pulling me into my parents downstairs apartment and up the stairs. She indicated with her pointer finger for me to sit on the couch. I watched her pace back and forth across the living room talking about flowers with a startled look. I've seen Mal in her slight obsessive mood where she had the weird habit of making lists for everything. Now she was in full-blown OCD mood going on and on about the arrangment of whatever flowers she was ordering. 

Finally hanging off the phone, she had the nerve to yell at me! "Where have you been?!?! Do you know how many calls I've made?!?! A lot of calls, Sidney! A LOT OF CALLS!"

"To who?!"

"A church, a precher, a DJ, a cateerer, a flower shop, a-"

"I get it a lot of calls!"

"My finger is broken from dialing," she pouted holding up her finger to me. 

I kissed it, "All better?"

"A little. I think it's tired though and wants to snuggle."

"Are we taliing about the finger or you."

"My finger is apart of me so..."

"Well can't let your poor broken finger get upset."  With that I picked her up bridal style and took off towards the stairs.

"You are aware my finger has nothing to do with my legs?"

"Yes I am aware." I felt her stare but continued towards the bedroom. When she finally realized I wasn't putting her down she sighed and ducked her head under my chin. I realized she must have been more tired than she let on when I felt her breathing even and her arms around my kneck loosen. It was times like these you realized how hugs this house really is, a ten minute walk from the living room to the bedroom.