:; 3

; 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟯

Soon after the bell rang, I followed Sunoo and the others into the music club's room.

We climbed the stairs to the 3rd floor, until we arrived. It was a fairly large room, at first look it seemed quite cozy. It had a couch, tables where to sit at, and the most important thing - a set of instruments, it consisted of a keyboard, a couple of guitars, drums, and a lot of mics.

"Woah, this place looks amazing" I complemented the room as I made my way towards the piano, taking a look at everything that caught my eyes.

"Why don't you sing us something, Mirae?" Heeseung was the one to ask me. I was so close to declining, as truth is, I haven't played in a while, and I'm not sure I'm as good as I was.

"Ohh yes Mirae!! I love listening to you play" said Sunoo enthusiastically, as he quickly approached the piano, followed by the others.

"I don't know what to play tho...and I haven't played in a while.."

"Come on! You'll do just fine!" reassured Heeseung.

"Your favourite song maybe?" suggested Jay.

"Hmm..then, I'll play Merry Go Round Of Life"

"From Howl's Moving Castle, right?" asked Ni-ki. I was surprised to see someone knew about it, so I nodded in response.

"Sunghoon loves that song!"

To the mention of his name, Sunghoon, who was comfortably leaning against the couch, directed his eyes towards me. We locked eyes for a second.

"No way! I love it too"

He gave a faint smile towards my direction, "me too"

Before starting to play the song, I made sure I remembered how it started. So I did a quick warm up, remembering the octave the song was in.

To say the truth, I was quite nervous. Showing off in front of people wasn't really something I enjoyed to do, as I was always afraid of messing up. The fear ate me alive. To be doomed my humiliation, was not something I lived off by.

And with that, I took a last big breath as I started tapping the keys.

The notes came naturally, it felt like I was sent back in time, back to the times when I'd play the piano at our house, or when I'd go to my piano lessons. It made me remember all the nights I spent learning new songs, overwhelming myself with them. Sleepless nights and tired eyes.

My fingers were softly colliding with the black and white keys of the piano, and by the arrival of the chorus, I was completely lost in my own trance. The delicate sound of the piano delighted my ears.

I was not aware I was smiling at myself until the song came to a stop, and the room quickly filled with the echoes of claps.

"That was beautiful, Mirae" complimented the others.

"I think I dropped a tear" said Sunoo, wiping his imaginary tears.

All the compliments I received made me quite shy. I never knew how to handle compliments properly. I'd just stand there awkwardly and wait until everyone would finish what they had to say, along with saying "thank you" millions of times.

"You looked completely out of this world. Literally- you were smiling so happily" mentioned Heeseung, to which I became more shy.

"What did you think, Sunghoon?" Sunoo aproached Sunghoon, so we all fixed our attention on Sunghoon.

He was looking at me, quite blantly.

"It was actually pretty good" he said awkwardly, clearing his voice like a hundred of times and turning his head away from my eyes.