:; 4

; 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟰

Next day of school was pretty rough, given the hot weather that baked you alive. To our luck, we had a free period in the morning, which meant I could let myself  wonder through the library, one of my favourite places in the school.

I was wondering through the imense bookshelves rows, looking for a specifim book. The book I was looking for was part of the theme I was reading right now - sociology. To find out the secrets behind why humans act given ways, was quite fascinating, even though I found the universal theories more intriguing. You could say I leaned more towards the astrologic view of the world rathen than the scientific one. I prefered having a range of choices - the freedom of creating your own world, living by it.

Wandering through the endless rows of books, I brushed my finger tips against each name of the books, 

until I found it.

"The Human Mind" it was called. An indepth guide to how our emotions affect our mind and gestures.

Before I could reach to take the book, someone beat me to it. A person's hand reached out to the exact book I was eyeing for the past minute. Honestly, all these books and they choose this exact one?

I looked up to be met my a pair of eyes - whom belonged to no other than Sunghoon. His cold glare pierced mine. I couldn't even speak up yet, and he already disappeared from my sight. I looked back in shock, hoping I could spot his head anywhere.

To which I had, so I fastened my pace towards the boy.

Reaching his figure, I reached for his sleeve, softly grabbing onto it.

The unusual touch provoked Sunghoon to look back at me in wonder.

"Is there something wrong?" his raspy voice asked.

"You..that book...I needed it first"

He brought the book to his view, looking at it then back at me.

"Well, too bad you were too slow to grab it" he chuckled. His arrogant chuckle truly made me combust in annoyance. 

"But I was there before you! You don't know for how long I've been searching for it!" I pouted, crossing my arms.

Sunghoon found this strangely cute, so he suggested a pact, "how about you can read it after I finish it? It won't take long, I promise"

"Damn. Really? Fine, whatever" I gave up putting up with him, thinking that his suggestion was whatsoever acceptable. I wasn't a prick after all, more than he was anyways.

The end of school quickly came, and because it was Friday, I thought why not pay a visit to Sunoo. I went home first, to drop my backpack and other belongings that may burden me.

Now I stood in front of my kitchen, contemplating what snacks I could bring for me and him. Thinking was hard, until a thought popped in my mind: I backed brownies the other day.

Thankful that I actually had something to bring, I quickly packed the remaining brownies in a cute container, placed it in my tote back, and made my way to Sunoo's house. Which by the way, was like a 5 minute walk from mine, pretty convenient if you ask me.

Skipping peacefully through the neighbourhood's streets, I arrived in front of Sunoo's house.

I rang the doorbell, and the door was opened by Sunoo's mum.

"Hi Jen!" I cheerfully greated her.

(pretend Sunoo's mum's name is Jen, god knows her real name)

"Hello there, Mirae! Come in"