1

Ding

Ding...
Dong...

Ding...
Dong..

The bells rang, signaling that the ceremony was about to begin. As the big door of the church was slowly opening, a girl dressed in a white dress, in stones as if they were pieces of crystal, stood behind.
Her heart began to beat with the rhythm of the bells, but she placed one hand on it, while the other was occupied with a bouquet of flowers.
"Calm down you silly heart!" She whispered lightly to herself, while she took one last deep breath before taking the first step towards that path filled with rose petals.

As she took the steps to go towards the altar, everyone's eyes were focused on her.
She trembled from the emotions for a moment, but then looked up to meet a pair of blue eyes, as dark as the ocean on a stormy night.
Her lips took the form of a smile, while her green eyes looked like pieces of emerald, shining brightly.

Dressed in a black suit and a bow tie around his neck, with his hands thrown over one another, standing in front of her; trying to control his shivers, was the man who would soon become her future husband.
As soon as she approached, he extended his hand to take hers and now they were both in front of the priest.

She had a dream from the time she learned the meaning of marriage and it became stronger the moment she met the love of her life, that on the day of the wedding they would both write some vows.
She had put her heart into a few small lines in a letter, dedicated to him, and as soon as the priest gave the signal to continue, she swallowed once and started.

"I, Kata Evans, take you Jay Rose as my husband, promising to be your patience when things go to hell. I will be your calm when anger seems to be suffocating you. I will be the pillow where your tears will fall if you ever have to feel down." She smiled as she turned her head back to see her maid of honour,which brought the rings. She was her best friend, whose name was Hannah.

"But most importantly, I will be a notebook where you can write your most beautiful moments. I won't judge you, I won't hate you in your worst moments, but I will advise you and hold your hand so you don't fall." She continued, putting the ring on his finger. The girl gave her a supportive smile as she took a few steps back to return to where she was a little while ago.

He looked into her eyes and his eyes began to redden, almost filled with tears, out of sadness. She saw him in confusion as continued with the last part.
"I loved you yesterday, with the innocence of a child.
I love you today, like in a dream. The dream of marring you! But tomorrow I will love you even more, as a wife. Your wife!"

She finishes to let him continue with the vows, but the church fell into silence, everyone's eyes fixed on him. His hands began to shake even more and the sweat that had formed in them did not make it any easier. He looked up from the people present before turning his head behind the girl he was marring, but there was were his eyes collided with another girl, whose eyes were black and her hair was blonde.