10

"I present you to the love of my life

"I present you to the love of my life." Niko said in an ecstatic voice.

He took the last bottle of wine that was on the table and hugged it tightly in his arms.
"Who needs a wife when i can have wine and freedom?"
"Now, dear friends, I wish you good night." He kissed the bottle as he opened the door and greeted with his hand. Tonight is the last night we spend here and it was Hannah's idea - as it always is - to spend it drinking.
"Get back here you idiot!" Hannah yelled.
"I still want to drink." She crawled out to follow Nico, but Miles, who was sitting next to her had a firm grip on her blouse.

"Then let's go get some more bottles." The voice next to me was heard to speak. Three sets of eyes- along with mine- immediately turned in her direction full of surprise.

She was the only one who had not drunk more than one glass of wine out of everyone.
"Jay!" She turned to me.
"Can we both go and get some bottles?" She smiled. The surprise on my face grew even more, but I decided to try and hide it.
"Yes!" I replied, chewing.

I stood up and opened the door of the room in which we stayed. Miles eyes follow me in every movement. She got up behind me and followed my steps slowly. The next moment when we were in the corridor she released a sigh from her lips.
"Is everything okay?" I asked in a low voice as I turned and took a few steps next to her.

"I forgot my phone inside" She gestured. "I'm going to get it, you go ahead."

"No, I can wait here it's okay." I replied awkwardly as I put my hands in my pockets.
"No!" She kinda yelled. "Go ahead, I won't be late , only a few seconds." I nodded.

As I saw her figure return to the room, I threw my feet in the direction of the stairs. A few minutes later I was in the hotel pantry and I heard some steps approaching from behind.
"It took you long." I said placing all the bottles in a small box.

"I'm not Kata." Another voice spoke from behind. As soon as I turned my head, I caught Hannah's smiling face. What is she doing here? I looked behind her to see if someone else was coming.
"Kata hurt her leg. She sent me to help you with the bottles."
A feeling immediately blurs in my stomach, I quickly put the last bottle I had in my hand on the table nearby.
"Where is she? Is she okay?" I blurted out as soon as the words left her lips.

"Yup! She is fine, she just tripped a little and felt pain. Miles is taking care of her." She spoke as she walked over to the box of wine bottles.
"Let me help." She was clearly drunk because as soon as her hand touched the box her legs started to move uncontrollably and she staggered to the other side. My hands seem to move involuntarily, placed on her arms, helping her to keep the balance. As soon as she straightened up, I immediately removed my hands from her body and together with them I distanced myself.

"I'm.. I'm sorry!" A shaking breath escaped my lips.
"Huh.. For what?" She asked. Her eyes questioning.
For the fact that I touched you.
I shouldn't have done it. Keep in mind that you are a married man. I wanted to punch myself in the face right now. For doing this. For hurt her.
I decided not to answer her question and ignored that moment passing by her as I held the box of bottles in my hands. Then I headed for the door. From time to time I glanced at her. She walked swaying, ready to crash into anything that might come her way. I smiled lightly at the facial expressions she made as she walked behind me.