9

The room had fallen into silence until the moment when a light noise, which came from the direction of the toilet, broke it

The room had fallen into silence until the moment when a light noise, which came from the direction of the toilet, broke it. His large figure was standing at the door of the toilet, with wet hair, which had somehow fallen on his face.
He started moving around the room until he came to the mirror and started drying his hair. I tried to keep a strong posture, pretending like I was very focused on the phone, but every now and then I threw a few glances from the corner of my eye.

The white T-shirt he was wearing on his body showed his chest flawlessly. Strong. Shaped. Full of muscles.
I wanted to bite myself to come to my senses as for a few seconds I was lost in the scene in front of me.
Some chills invaded my body as if I was outside in the cold, but the temperature of the room was normal. I think he felt the same because before he lay down on the bed he came around for a few seconds.

Then he threw the layers over his body, covering himself up to the middle as he settled almost on the corner of the bed. I could have sworn he would fall at any moment. The distance that separated us was not very big, but he pushed his body maybe 2 centimeters further to increase it even more. A light crack that only I could hear and feel came from my heart.

With his head placed on the pillow and his hands crossed one over the other, he lies as if he were a statue. How can a person sleep like this?
Was he really not going to move?

I put the phone on the small table near me just as he decided to lower his eyelids. I turned off the light and leaned on one side, with my hand on my cheek, hoping that he would finally fall asleep. A few minutes later I started to feel a light snore, not at all disturbing or ear-killing, which informed me that he was in a deep sleep.

I raised my body slowly holding on to the pillow with one hand and extended the index finger of the other hand in front of his face, a few millimeters away from his nose. I felt his breathing, which was now heavier, but he felt nothing. I glanced at his position, which was the same. He was definitely asleep.

I lay down a few centimeters away from him and closed my eyes, pretending to be asleep. I took a deep breath, but calmly, and put my hand up on his chest. His heart was beating normally, while mine on the other hand was about to explode. From the moment he laid down until now, this was the first moment I felt him move.
"Kata." He stutters my name softly, trying not to raise his voice.

I moved a little. I got closer to him, but again I still didn't open my eyes. I put my head very close to his arm. I couldn't see his reactions because my eyes were closed and my hair fell on my face. He used the tips of his two fingers on my skin and tried to slowly lift my hand.
As quickly as my hand now left his chest I threw my leg into his. We were only a few millimeters away and I could feel the heat of his body on mine. Kata what the hell are you doing? I asked myself. Is this..... He didn't leave me time to think because the last thing I felt was his body quickly being torn away from me. He jumped out of bed hastily.