8

Everyone had an obsession, mine happened to be books

I sat on the sofa in the hotel lobby, legs crossed over each other. I was wearing a light green blouse and short jeans, my hair was tied at the bottom of my head.
Outside, the sun was kissing the sea and the colors in the sky had created a painting. Orange, yellow, a little purple and blue. All mixed together to create a stunning look. Breathtaking!
Maybe if I were a painter I would describe it as it deserved.

Since we have come here we have been spending time with games, boat rides, swimming in the sea. For a few moments I felt happy, even sometimes I forgot how awkward it was to be next to him.
And for the other moments I passed by seeing his lost gaze on her. That was a thing I was too blind to notice before.

Playing with the ends of my hair, I began to read a few lines from the book I had in my lap. I giggled. Sometimes I make facial expressions when I'm reading, forgetting everything that surrounds me, even the people who passed by.

"May i know what is the reason to make such a beautiful lady giggle like that?" I heard a voice which I didn't recognize speak. I raised my head to look in his direction. Two black eyes and a sweet, somewhat provocative smile. This was what I faced; Someone whose face I did not recognize. I hadn't even realized when he had come there, sitting a few centimeters away on the sofa next to me.

"May I know why you are interested?" I answered quietly with another question. His smile grow wider and never left his face.
"For research purposes. You never know when you will have the opportunity to see a girl laugh like this and so beautifully." I could feel my cheeks slowly getting hotter and I think they might be red. He was so good with words that it brought joy to my face.

I slowly lifted the book up, smiling, to let him understand that the reason was it. He nodded. His eyes never left my face, somehow intimidating me.
" You have such beautiful green eyes." He said. His deep voice echoes in my head, making my cheeks heat up even more. A look of surprise appeared on my face, which I'm not sure if he noticed.

"You have good eyesight. People say that the color of my eyes is not immediately noticeable because they are more focused on my hair." I left the book aside, now closed, and focused on the person in front of me.
"Nonsense cara!" He said as he straightened up from the position in which he was sitting. Now he came a little closer to me. "Only someone who doesn't have his eyes in their place would not notice two pieces of emerald in such a delicate face."

I threw a few strands of hair that had fallen on my face behind my ear. The situation was awkward, yet somewhat nice. No one had noticed my eyes at first glance.
"May i know your name bella?" He asked after a few seconds of silence.
"Kata R..." I stopped. I wanted to say Rose, but immediately regretted it. That wasn't me.
"Evans" I finished. Even though it wasn't me either.

"May I know the name of the gentleman who seems so generous with his compliments?"
He lowered his head somewhat in a smirk and then when he raised it he extended his hand.
"Mateo Rossi" He responded.