12

The sun fell down to the earth and rose in the sky several times

The sun fell down to the earth and rose in the sky several times. The days passed quickly.

Today is June 9. My birthday!
The one I have never celebrated since I was 8 years old.
Not that I really care because in my opinion it's a day like any other, but what I miss the most is his congratulations, which always came first.

I am currently tossing and turning in bed, listening to the sound of the phone, which keeps ringing, but I feel too tired to reach out and pick it up.

It continues to ring.
1, 2, 3 and I reach out to grab it.
"Happy birthday!" I hear two voices shouting from the other side of the phone. Still without opening my eyes well, I try to see on the phone screen.
'Miles!,
His name appeared on the screen.
The other voice was probably Hannah, who seems to be unable to get away from him lately.

"Thank you guys!" I say as I put one hand on my chest. A sweet and soft voice seems to slip from my lips. I was very happy, they were the first to congratulate me.
"Go away Hannah. If you want to talk, call her yourself." Miles said in an irritated voice. I could imagine the scene on the other side of the phone. Him holding the phone in his hands and her sitting on his back as he pushes her with his hand. She looks so small next to him that he can lift her into the air with just one hand.

"Hey, it was my idea." She fumed angrily. A slight noise escaped my lips as I tried to hold back my laughter. I am not sure if this phone call was to congratulate me or for them to find a moment and fight with each other. But either ways they make me happy.

We talked for a few minutes, and after a long, relaxing shower, I found myself sitting in the garden, gazing at the sky, which was so bright today, and smelling the flowers nearby. I was supposed to spend this day with my "loving" husband, but here I am, all alone.

The sound of the car stopping on the other side of the garden caught my attention and I immediately got up from the position where I was lying on the grass and hurried to the waiting room.
Maybe I sound pitiful, but what I was expecting was just a "Happy Birthday!" from his lips. I lightly shake off the dress I was wearing and sat on the sofa, trying to remain as natural as possible, as if I had been sitting there for minutes.

The door opened and his large figure stepped inside. Dressed in a black t-shirt and gray pants, his hair on a messy way, unlike how he always wore it, I could see the big waves that had formed in it. He looked so sweet and so attractive like that. It woke on me a desire to put my hands in them and play with my fingers in his waves endlessly, until I made him fall asleep.

He looks up at me and I can feel time moving slowly. My breath seems to leave me for a moment. Please say it. Just two words. We stay like that for a few minutes. What the hell am I waiting for? He probably doesn't even remember.

I get up and start to leave as I feel my eyes get hot in the threat of tears that fight with my eyelids not to come out.
"Ginger!" He calls me.
He calls me!
The heartbeat starts to slow down. A soft and warm smile plays on my lips as I turn my head in his direction.