𝟎𝟕: 𝒑𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒓

I THOUGHT THAT I WAS IN HEAVEN,
BUT I WAS SURE SURPRISED.

I THOUGHT THAT I WAS IN HEAVEN,BUT I WAS SURE SURPRISED

_________ ׂׂૢ་༘࿐

I'm nervous.

Notes of intoxicating orchids and jasmine flowers, blended with a whirl of rose, grounded with warm vanilla floods Austin's custom Cadillac. There's a certain musk to it. A more masculine air filling up my senses. It's him. Austin sits in the driver's seat with a low grunt. The atmosphere soaks in a sensual essence.

The luxurious black leather starts with the seats, then the little details around the windows, and is complete with the steering wheel, which is under the grip of Austin's tender fingers. Blinged up with gold rings.

Him starting the car, not aware of my intense stare at the veins on his hands. My knees press together, and I want to get out of the car. My heart can't handle the heavy ambience. It suffocates me, but in such a way that it makes me want even more.

Austin makes me nervous, but I can't get enough.

I gulp, hoping he doesn't notice my breathing over the vroom of the roaring engine. The car finally pulls out of the parking lot of Andromeda Hotel, and I start tapping my foot on the floorboard.

Austin takes notice, "You're worried about Damian."

That too...

"Ottie, I told you I won't let him fire you. Trust me," his voice suddenly takes a sharp turn, like he does with the black Cadillac, before stopping at a red light and leaning closer, "I won't let it happen."

He's closer to me than my heart would like. It's palpitating as if it has lost its mind. My heart is not my own when I'm around Austin. Everything belongs to him.

"Do you trust me, sweetheart?" His brows lift as he speaks in a raspy tone of depth and throat. It blows through my ears like a breeze of the finest melodies.