Chapter Thirty-Five

Amity's P.O.V

As a looked at my sunshine as she began to sob uncontrollably, I knew immediately what I had to do. 

Without even thinking, I gently wrap my arms around her waist and pull her onto my lap making sure that her ear was firmly planted on my chest so she could hear my heartbeat. I remember in a book I read once that whenever a person was having trouble calming down or is unconsolable where they can't voice their needs. A calming sound or the feeling of security helps ground them and calm them down.

So that's what I did. 

I made sure she was comfortable on my lap and had her ear directly on my chest in the area of my heart, letting her hear the soothing sound of the calm beat which is quite surprising because a moment ago it was fluttering. I gently wipe away some of the fallen tears as Luz gradually started to calm down as her loud sobs were now turning into quiet sniffling.

"Let it all out sunshine," I told her softly as I run my fingers through her fluffy hair," I'm not going anywhere."

She sniffs and hides her face in my chest as she mumbles into my chest," Y-You won't?"

I gave her a gentle smile," I won't sunshine, I promise"

"People have said to me but they lied..." Luz's grip on my night tie tightened a bit as she kept her face hidden in my chest," How do I know that you're not lying to me like the other!"

Without even thinking, I gave Luz, my sunshine, and crush, a soft kiss on the top of her head and made a small spell circle around my hand. Luz looked up at me in surprise, a massive red blush that covers her face and ears. Gods she look so adorable being all red like that but her attention shifted to the glowing magenta spell circle.

"A-Amity, what is that and why did you..."

I felt my face burn and giggled softly as I held my spell-bound hand to her," This is an everlasting oath. It is a very powerful type of magic that goes back towards the savage ages and as its name applies, it is an oath one that is bound to the magic of the titan and your own."

Luz's eyes widen and looked at my hand in surprise as I continue," And with this oath, I promise you Luz Noceda-Clawthrone that I will never leave you and that I will always be by your side no matter what."

I held out my hand to her gently and gave her a tender smile, but to my surprise, she didn't accept the oath and instead wrapped her small yet strong arms around my neck and her legs wrapping around my waist into a warm bear hug.

My mind went completely blank and my ears began to flap uncontrollably from the sudden physical affection.

'HOLY TITAN!!!' I scream internally as I felt Luz bury her face into my neck,' If this is the way I die then I will die a happy witch!!'

"You didn't have to make an oath spell Amity." I snapped out of my internal celebration as I heard Luz speak quietly," I've read about oath circles and I know that you know how dangerous they are if they're ever broken unintentionally or intentionally."

"You're right about that, but how else would've I proven that I would never break my promises to you?" I tease a bit as she just laughs quietly," Also not that I'm complaining about this amazing hug but what exactly is this hug?"

Luz's sweet laughter filled my ears and I could help but smile happily at her," It's a koala hug, I only do this to my most trusted loved ones so be honored."

I couldn't help but laugh at her silliness as I wrap my arms around my silly sunshine," You're so adorable you know that."

She pulls back a bit and grins childishly since I was really close to her, I could see the little details of her cute face. Like when she grins, you could see her adorable dimples or how her eyes shined with joy as she looked at me but what made me look at her in awe was how the moonlight made her glow under its light.