The Vision

I walked down to the lake to try and get some fresh air, I eventually crouched down with my arms wrapped around my stomach, rocking back and forth slightly trying my best not to throw up.

Ed walked over with a worried face "You okay?" I looked over at him and then nodded lightly, he just smiled "Lorraine said that you looked a bit pale when you left, she's worried about you, we both are... it's been a while since you were on a case" I nodded in return saying "Yeah I just felt a bit sick after going around the upstairs".

Ed then crouched down at my side and rested his hand on my back rubbing it gently, "I'm sure you'll feel better after being out here for a bit"

I nodded lightly and stood back up, saying "I have a feeling that Lorraine has seen somthing in the house, but she won't say anything, not in front of Carolyn, but what ever it is, it doesn't like me.. not sure why but I can just tell"

Ed nodded and said "Maybe we should wait for a different case before you start working with us again" I looked at him firmly and said "I'm not stepping back from this, I won't let it get the better of me, I just won't... I need to get through this case so I can keep doing my job. Especially now that Judy is old enough to look after herself during the day."

I glance back at the house and the pain in my head got so much worse, causing me to grab my head in pain, and sway slightly, Ed instantly came to balance me by grabbing onto my arms.

After a bit I overcame my migraine and thanked Ed for his help, he smiled at me and said "You know Sometimes I wish I could share Lorraine and your burdens, see the things you sees. So at least I could learn how I could help lighten the burden" I gave Ed a small smile and replied "I know what you mean; but you don't need to worry about me I'll be fine" "I hope you're right" He replied with a concerned smile.

I closed my eyes and take in the fresh country air, and as I'm about to turn to go back into the house I hear the noise of a rope tightening above my head I slowly opened my eyes and took a small step back to see what it was.

That's when I saw it, a woman hanging in the tree right behind Ed; I screamed and fell backwards scrambling across the floor to get away.

Lorraine saw me freak out from the house and ran to me, but she stopped befor reaching me seeing the same woman I had seen; She then continued to walk over to me after composing herself.

Ed was now kneeling by my side and pulling me into a hug to calm me down. By this point I was completely in shock, it's not every day that you see a woman hanging from a tree, especially up close.

After a few moments I managed to calm myself down to the point where I was able to pull away from Ed and Wipe my eyes, I hadn't even noticed that I was crying.

I looked over to Lorraine and asked "can you see her?" She nodded her head, Ed looked at the tree and then back at us, "What did you see?" I avoided looking at the tree as I concentrated on looking at Ed "there's a women hanging in that tree right above where we were standing".

Ed then helped me up avoiding the tree as they both walked me back to the house, The Perron family were all looking at me concerned when we walked in, "Sorry if I startled anyone, I just had a vision is all" I explained apologetically, Carolyn smiled at me sweetly and reassured me "It's fine Grace as long as you're okay" I nodded at her in response.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water as Lorraine handed me pain killers for my headache, I thanked her and took the meds before turning to the hallway and making my way to the basement door.

We then headed down to the basement. As soon as my foot landed on the floor I felt like we were unwelcome, "do you feel that? there's something in here; and it's not to happy to see us" Lorraine nodded in agreement, Ed walked around having a look at all the stuff that the previous owners left here.

Lorraine then walked over to where I stood by the stairs and said "I want to try contracting to see what I find" "Stand next to the support beam for stability" I suggested as I walked to the middle of the room to be ableto see my surroundings better.

"sounds like a plan" Lorraine got in position and started to reach out as much as possible into the past of this house to see what had happened here.

Lorraine started holding the beam for stability as she received a vision, Ed then spoke up "You picking up anything in here hon?" She looked over to him then to me and said "somthing terrible happened here Ed"

We were convinced that we were needed so we decided that we would come back with Drew and the equipment and try to get some evidence.

To Be Continued...