Grace Stevens

1970

I walked down the stairs with the last of the boxes and put it in the back of the moving truck, I then walked over to the house and locked the doors before getting in my car.

My dad came to my window and tapped on it, I rolled it down as he asked "so are we ready to go?" I smiled at him and said "Yeah. Is it alright if I stop off to say goodbye to Jeremy and Jemima?" He looked at his watch and then smiled at me and said "you should have enough time to say your goodbyes and still make it to the airport" I smiled back at him and turned the engine on "I'll see you at the airport Dad" "See you there sweetheart"

I drove for a few minutes before I parked outside of Danny Williams house, I got out and let myself in with the key I got when I became the nanny for Mr and Mrs Williams.

I closed the door behind me and called out "Mr Williams? Kids?" Jeremy then came running down the hallway with Jemima behind him "Grace!" they both yelled as they ran over and wrapped their arms around my waist "Hey!" I say as I wrap them In a hug.

Danny then walked in to the hallway and said "aren't you leaving today?" I look up at him and said "Yes I am, I just came by to drop off my keys and to say goodbye to the children" I handed him the house key and turned back to the children and said "now you behave for your new nanny, and look after one another, okay?" They both nodded.

I smiled down at them and turned to leave but Jemima tugged at my sleeve causing me to turn to her as she said "but what are we supposed to do about the lady now that you're leaving?" I looked down at her and sighed then said "don't you worry about her. Just you be on your best behaviour once I'm gone, alright" she nodded her head enthusiastically.

I looked up at the sound of the floor boards creaking on the stairs, there she stood staring at us from the staircase, a pale woman dressed in a night gown who I identified as Mrs Jones who died in her sleep, cause of death: Murdered by her husband.

The children ran behind me to hide from her while Danny walked in front of me in a protective manner, I called out to her "Mrs Jones, I will be leaving this home shortly, I do not give you permission to follow me, and I do not give you permission to attack or manipulated any person, thing or object in this home; Goodbye Mrs Jones."

I then turn to mr Williams and whispered "the only thing that can be do in this case, is that you let the church know if anything else that threatens your family happens, and if it gets to the point where you're in any danger, then take the kids and your wife to father Bullock and he will keep you safe. If at any point you get extremely frightened, send for me, and I'll get on the first flight back, okay?" Mr Williams looked at me and said "Is she really that malevolent?" I sighed and nodded lightly.

I then turn my back on her and look down at the children "Goodbye children" giving them both a smile before turning to Mr Williams.

"Mr Williams here is my new address and phone number, feel free to send word as soon as anything out of the ordinary happens" Danny nodded in return.

And with that last goodbye I left the home and I drove off to the airport, once I got there I made my way through security and finally made my way onto the plane.

Time Skip To When We Land

When we finally landed we got off the plane and made our way to the entrance of the airport where dad's new boss is waiting for us, he hands dad the keys to our new car and then tells dad about his work hours before we could finally go to our new home in Monroe, Connecticut.

After 30 minutes of driving we finally stopped in front of a gorgeous home, We all got out of the car and walked over to the front door, After a few minutes of looking for the house keys we finally found them in a flower pot, once we opened the door we saw a beautiful house fully furnished, I walked around the house and decided which room was mine before we went shopping to fill the cupboards.

Once we finished shopping we went home and mom and I made dinner while dad read the paper, after dinner I excused myself and went to bed.

After I finished getting ready for bed I tried to get some sleep, but I just lay there staring at the ceiling; after a few minutes I sat up in bed and turned my bed side lamp on and began to read through job applications in the paper, after a while of reading I heard what sounded like a girl giggling.

As I looked up I caught a glimpse of what looked like a 8 year old girl with dark hair in a night dress run past my door, I got out of bed and followed her to the hallway that's when I then heard a man and the girl laughing at the end of the short hallway.

A small staircase of about 5-7 steps lead away from the bedrooms which were higher up then the rest of the rooms, I walked to the end of the hallway and found myself over looking the living room.

But it wasn't my living room, it had to be a house built the same as my new one as it had the same layout but it was decorated differently.

That's when a rather tall broad man with brown hair and sideburns came running after the girl, I took a few steps down the stairs and walked tawords them and I notice the way they were acting, I came to the conclusion that he was her father and that it was past her bed time.

That's when a woman dress in a simple pair of trousers and a patterned shirt and cardigan with brown hair down to just under her shoulders came in from the dining room/kitchen, she must be the girls mother.

She walked over to the little girl and said "come on, you know it's past your bedtime; so be a good girl and let dad put you to bed, unless you want mommy to put you to bed" the girl shook her head no and snuggled into her father's embrace as he carried her to bed.

The woman watched as her husband took their daughter to bed, but when I turned back to the woman she was looking at me.

I was shocked to begin with, no one has ever been able to see me in my visions, but this woman was different, she could see me clear as day "Hello?" She called out as she looked at me "Hi" I said back still in shock that this was happening, she took a few steps tawords me "are you real?" I asked as I stood there in awe "Yes I am, I'm assuming that you're different then everyone else; so am I" I smiled at her and said "I've never seen anyone like me before... quick question" she replied "Yes?" I then asked "Why are we having a vision together? This has never happened, there has to be a reason that I've been shown your family" she nodded in agreement and then asked "Where are you? Maybe it's because we're closer the we usually are, have you moved lately?" My eyebrows nighted together in confusion as I said "I have, I moved from the UK all the way to Monroe, Connecticut"

Her face lit up with a look of understanding as she said "We live in Monroe, Connecticut; maybe fate brought us closer together for a reason" before I could have a chance to reply I was taken out of my vision by my mother talking to me gently as she walking me back to bed.

I looked over to her and said "Mom I'm fine, It was just a vision, thanks though" she smiled at me and said "try and get a good night sleep" I nodded at her and walked back to my room, this time I fell asleep quickly with the thought of that woman and her family in my mind.

To Be Continued...

______________________________________

I decided with the help of @shakingthisass that I needed a back story for Grace when I first wrote the story but it was shit so I hope this is better.

I hope this updated chapter makes more sense then the first one I published, the next one should be published soon .

Yours truly

The Writer