You're all I will ever need

Time Skip a few months

I have become quite use to my life as the woman of the house, and it's gotten easier for us all now that Judy has gotten use to me being her mother figure, Ed and I have also become closer since he decided not to go on any cases since he lost Lorraine and nearly lost me.

Ed's car pulled up on the drive after he picked Judy up from school, I walked over to the door, opened it and took a step out side to greet them, "Hey Judy, how was school?" I asked as they got out of the car "Hey Grace, it was good" she said as she ran past and through to the kitchen and then into the dining room, where she threw her bag on the table before running into the living room and turning the TV on.

I chuckled slightly and then turned my attention to Ed who was now walking towards me with a smile "Hey, how was your meeting with the church?" Ed just sighed and wrapped his arms around me and kissed my cheek before he rested his head against mine as we stood leaning against the porch, "That bad?" I asked "yeah, it is a bit..." I pulled away slightly and looked up at him worried "they want you to start doing cases again, don't they." He gave me a sorrowful look "yes, I don't want to put you in the same situation as last time.. I tried to get more time away I swear..." I interrupted his rant "Hey hey, Ed...listen to me for a moment; I know that you're scared of losing someone else; and I understand, I really do...but what about the people out there that might need our help?...what if there's another family like the Perron family out there who are scared to death of something they can't get rid of? As much as we're scared, we need to be brave, and help everyone that we possible can, it's what Lorraine would have wanted us to do."

It was quiet for a moment before he let out a sigh and nodded his head "Your right. God why do you always have to be right" I just chuckled and walked back inside the house, I walked over to Judy who was sat on the sofa watching TV and kissed her on the head, then walked into the kitchen and began to make dinner.

"Judy darling, have you got home work?" "Possible why?" She replied not taking her attention away from the TV, "Judy go do your homework before dinner" she only groaned and turned the TV off before dragging herself to the dining room before walking into the kitchen and sitting at the kitchen island with her homework on the table in front of her every now and then I would help her with her homework while I made dinner.

The phone rang just as I was putting the food in the oven, Ed yelled from the living room where he had been reading the paper "I'll get it", after a while he came through to the kitchen and lent on the Island across from Judy "That was father Gordon, He wants us to investigate a case" I looked over at Ed, not sure what he had said to father Gordon due to the conversation we had earlier "and what did you say?" "I said that we would go and look into it tomorrow" he said I smiled at him with a proud look on my face before turning my attention back to cooking.

Time Skipt to the next day after the case

In the end it turned out to be nothing more then a bat in the roof.

Once we reached home it was quite late, I got out of the car and walked inside; I told Mary the babysitter that she could go home early and went to check on Judy, I walked into her room and sat on the end of her bed, I pulled the blanket up over her gently and tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

As I stood and turned to leave I heard her moving around, I looked back over at her and she had woken up slightly, I sat back down next to her, "Come on Judy back to sleep" I said as I tucked her in to bed, Ed then walked in and lent on the door frame as I sang to her trying to get her back to sleep, after a while of singing she seemed to calm and just before she closed her eyes she mumbled out "Night dad, night mom" I stopped and looked over at Ed who had a wide grin across his face.

Once we left Judy's room Ed led the way to the study where he sat me down on his desk before telling me to sit down and wait, he went over to his cupboard where he rummaged around for a moment before he found what he was looking for, he came back over to me and held my hands.

"Grace; I have been thinking about what Lorraine told us, ever since the day she died...it's been almost three years now, and we've become closer then ever...I guess what I'm trying to say is that, You are the best thing that ever happened to me; Lorraine was right, and the fact that Judy just called you mom has proven to me that, it's the right time, I'm as ready as I'll ever be..." I just sat their shocked yet confused at the situation in front of me, Ed took a deep breath, and then said the words I have been waiting to hear for longer then I was expecting, "Grace; will you agree to being my partner and marry me?" I was speechless, Ed seemed to think that my reaction was negative so, I decided to act.

I grabbed onto Ed's shoulders and pulled him forwords towards me, and pressed our lips together; for a moment he hesitated, but he then wrapped his arms around my torso and pulled me closer.

After a bit we pulled away, "I'll take that as a yes" Ed said with a grin, I chuckled slightly, Ed then remembered "I almost forgot, this is for you. I haven'tfound the perfect ring yet but I do have this" he held out a necklace with a cross on it "I know it doesn't look special, but I would feel at ease if I knew that you were wearing this when we did investigations, I had it soaked in holy water and blessed so that it would keep you safe."

I smiled at him and gave him a genuine smile, "I absolutely love it Ed" and hugged him

We walked through to the living room where we cuddled and talked until late.

This has been the best day of my life.

To Be Continued...