Going Home

Time Skip

I slowly woke up on my side in a hospital bed, I tried to role onto my back but stopped when I felt excruciating pain along my back, I stayed still for a moment and looked around the room, everything looked as you expecte from a dull plan hospital room.

But something caught my attention, the small figure of Judy in the chair across from me, fast asleep, and next to her an exhausted Ed looking through the paper; I smiled slightly at the image in front of me, before I started coughing.

Ed looked up surprised for a moment, before he quickly ran to my side with a glass of water, bringing it to my lips to drink.

"Thank you" I choked out, he gave me a smile, "how long have I been out?" I pondered, "4 weeks" he replied "What? Really?" I cried out in shock, after I regained my composure, I asked Ed "Can you help me up?" I was quite uncomfortable by this point, "yeah, of course" Ed then gently helped me sit up, he then pulled a chair over to my bed side and held my hand, with a smile on his face.

It was quiet for a moment before Ed cleared his voice and then nervously said "You know Lorraine told me, everything" I looked at him confused "what do you mean 'everything'?"

He looked down for a moment then back at me, "She said that I needed you, and so did Judy, and that you needed us too"

Ed just gave me a smirk and lent forward, his hand slowly running along my arm and then up my side where he then moved it to cup my cheek gently, where we both instinctively moved closer very slowly. "I've had 4 weeks to think about this, of what I was going to say to you, and now I can barely say it. We need you in our family Grace, Judy needs a mother and I-I need a woman by my side...so I was wondering if, you would stay in my home as my partner and motherly figure to Judy?" All I could do was nodd my head, Ed smiled and pulled me into a short hug,doing his best not to hurt my shoulder or back, when he pulled away and kissed my forehead.

Judy then started stirring in her sleep causing us to look over at her concerned, Ed walked over and gently taped her to gain her attention"Judy darling, wake up" to which she woke and sat up, when she saw that I was awake she came running over to me "Grace!" She yelled as she jamp on the bad and hugged me gently, "Hey Judy" I say with a smile on my face, a single tear rolled down my cheek, I was happy, in pain, but happy.

Time Skip 4 more weeks

finally; getting to go home after recovering in hospital, I've been incredibly bored in here but I always looked forward to seeing Ed and Judy come and visit me every day after she finished school, she would knock on the door and then run in with a bunch of flowers and a smile on her face as she ran to me and gave me a massive hug, Ed would then walk in also with a smile and kiss me on the cheek then give me a hug.

But today, I finally get to go home. Ed had been spending his days, while Judy was in school, getting the house ready for me.

Time Skip to getting home

Ed was driving next to me, Judy in the backseat.

As we drove away from the hospital, I started to think about all the things that happened in the Perron family home that got me in this state, I then remembered what Lorraine told me "...I've seen it, you will be a great partner to Ed, and a wonderful mother to Judy" a small tear ran down my cheek, it's been nearly 2 months since it happened, 2 months since Lorraine died.

Had they had her funeral? How are Ed and Judy holding up? How could Ed have the courage to come to me every day after losing his wife? These were only a few of the questions plaguing my mind.

I turn to look at Judy, she had fallen asleep in the back seats, I then cleared my voice and looked over at Ed who had his eyes on the road, "Ed?" I gently asked "Yes dear" he replied sweetly "How are you two holding up?" He glanced over to me for a moment then looked back at the road "you mean, after Lorraine?" He asked with a sad tone, "yes, I only asked because I'm curious of how you've been after losing her, yet still manage to visit me every day and look after Judy" he nodded to show his understands.

He waited a moment and gave a sigh before answering "I've arranged for Lorraines funeral to happen this weekend, I hope I'll be able to say my final goodbye to her and let my love for her go with it, to help me move on"

I looked up at Ed who had a single tear run down his cheek, I grabbed the hand that was resting on the arm rest and held it in my lap as he drove, he glanced at our entwined hands and then looked at me with a smile on his face, then back at the road.

I looked over to Ed and asked "you said that Lorraine told you everything when I first woke up, what did you mean by that?" He smiled and said "She said to not hold on to the past, and to move on; she also said that she had seen a certain someone, as my other half; and I think that after all this time that I've listened to Lorraine, I've never believed her so much in my life" I chuckled lightly saying "I know, Lorraine said the same to me; she also had me promised to look after you, so you're going to be stuck with me for a while" I said mischievously, we both chuckled for a moment before Ed whispered under his voice "I sure as hell hope so" causing me to smile.

Time Skip

Ed pulled into the driveway and got out, he ran round to the other side and opened the door for me, I smiled and gave him a small thank you, Ed then went to get Judy out of the car but I stopped him "Ed, let me get her" he looked at me then at my shoulder "Grace I don't think that you should..." I just walked passed him and opened the back door, I tapped Judy who woke slightly "come on Judy darling, let's get you to bed" I said as I got her to wrap her arms and legs around me as I picked her up out of the car, then walk over to the front door with a sleeping Judy resting her head on my good shoulder.

Ed closed the car door and then walked over to me at the door, He had a huge smile on his face as he opened the door, "Welcome home" I smiled at him, he then led the way through the house to Judy's room, where he opened the door and turned the night light on, he then pulled the covers back and I placed Judy in bed, after tucking her in we slowly walk out of her room.

Ed then showed me that the room across from Judy's was my room. I thanked him for all he did and said goodnight.

A few minutes later I had changed into pyjamas and was now softly falling asleep.

To Be Continued...