A Decision

"-rgil! Virgil! What's going on? What happened?!" Janus is crouched in front of me with a concerned look spread on his face. I realize I had fallen to my knees.

"I-, someo-"

*CRASH*

I'm cut off by what sounds like glass shattering. Remus appears and looks us over, worriedly, "That wasn't me, I swear!"

Janus looks back at me with a raised brow. Slowly, I start talking. "Someone... upstairs... just had a huge panic spike. Then- then the glass shattered? And a couple seconds later the panic was just... gone."

As I take a couple breaths to ground myself, I notice Janus is contemplating something. "...Maybe," he starts, "Maybe it's time we've checked up on the Lights."

"No, uh uh, no can do Señor Serpiente. Last time I so much as wiggled my butt in that direction, I got skabooted into my room, for a week! Not happening," ranted Remus.

"No offense, Remus Dear, but you would be the last candidate to go visit them. You lack a certain.... subtlety," Janus reassured. He then turned toward me and gave a pointed look, "You, on the other hand, Virgil..."

"..." I didn't want to. Sure, I was worried about the panic spike and the glass breaking, but I didn't know what I would find up there. Was someone hurt? Are they okay? How would they react to me? I'd be shunned no doubt. And criticized and-

"Hey! It's okay, we 'won't' be here for you whenever you need us," Janus stated, breaking my train of thought.

"Yeah, plus it's not like you can't come visit," Remus continued.

I sighed they were right. My room is the only one with access to both levels right now. I haven't been on the second floor of my room in years. I could go up there do some cleaning... yeah maybe this won't be so bad...