Discovery

Opening the heavy navy door, my nostrils were immediately assaulted with the smell of iron. Blood. I thought, my eyes widening and quickly scanning the room.

Blinding white lights glint off of shards of what seem to be the remains of a glass. The glass is scattered over the floor and streaks of red lead to the bed. A body is precariously sprawled on the edge of the bed. The person seems pale and thin with rumpled clothing. Taking a step closer, mindful of the glass, my breath hitches seeing the slowly growing brownish splotches on the blue and black clothes.

I quickly summon a broom and sweep the glass into a pile out of the way before rushing into the bathroom. Upon entering the bathroom I step back at the mess. Blood is spattered on the counter and sink. Right of the sink a razor blade sits in a pool of blood. A roll of old bandages is half unrolled with a small scissor open to the left of it.

I don't have time for this.

I dash out of the bathroom and to the bedside whilst summoning a fully equipped first-aid kit. I set the kit on the floor and open it up removing my hoodie and slipping on a pair of latex-free gloves. I take a deep breath before gently turning the figure over. I freeze in shock of what I see.