Chapter 1-The Last Day

Oh dear lord! Is this really happening to me? Am I really getting adopted after all these years at orphanage? Why me? Not that theres anything wrong with it. Or is there? I don't know anymore!

Oh my god! Christina, the lady who wants to adopt me, is calling right this instant. What do I do know? Answer the phone and act natural, Sofia, act natural.

Me: Hello?
Christina: Hello. My name is Christina Taylor and I would like to speak to Sofia Johnson, please.
Me: That's me.
Christina: Ok, Sofia. I am interested in adopting you. What do you think of having me as a mother, huh?

As soon as I heard the word mother I burst into tears. My dad died of cancer when I was three weeks old and my mum died in a road accident when I was four. Although I'm now 8 I can still remember that dreadful, horrible, unforgettable day...

"You stay here while I go and get your nan, Sofia" Mum ordered, and she stepped onto the road.
But then... But then...
A flash of lights.
A gasp of air.
A squeal of brakes.
A familiar scream. Then I realized, it was mums scream.
Then suddenly time stopped and froze. I looked around me then walked onto the road and tugged on my mums dress. Then I tried screaming down her ear, but she didn't budge, she didn't even blink. It was no use. The time sprung back to life as I realized that I was still in front of the car. I swiftly and heroically leaped onto the pavement.
Unfortunately, Mum got hit by the car, was knocked over and got sent to hospital all within 10 minutes.
She died of internal injuries. That was the last time I saw her...

Christina: Can I hear crying or is it just me?
Me: Its just you.
Now I was trying extremely hard to hold back the tears.

Christina: Where was I... Oh yeah. So do you want to live with me?

I didn't know what to do. I had friends at the adoption centre, but how I longed to have a family...
I couldn't let down Ruby though...

Me: I'm sorry, I can't.

Friends go first.

Later on that day, Ruby got a call from a lady on 62 Flat Lane. Then it just hit me. I hadn't even asked Christina where she lived. So I sprung away and onto the phone.

Me: Hi it's Sofia.
Christina: Have you changed your mind?
Me: No but where do you live?
Christina: 64 Flat Lane
Me: What city?
Christina: Ellesmere Port
Oh my god Ruby's adopter lived there too!
Me: I accept your invitation!
Christina: Be ready at 4:30pm and I'll pick you up!

I was so excited!
So I scampered away and packed my bags.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!
Sorry for the shortage of the chapter, there will be longer ones.
Just to let you know this is my first book.
Bye!
xxx Love from Hollywood5678 xxx