Chapter 10- The Ruby Necklace

After that awkward conversation with James, I had to go talk to Ruby about it.
"...It was magical. It felt as if he understood me. The only thing is, I don't know him that well. What if he goes round telling everyone? What if I've misinterpreted this and it's all just a mistake? What if-"
"Quit it with the what ifs. If he likes you, he likes you. If he doesn't, he doesn't. All I know is that you will fall in love with the right guy for you soon enough. Are you stressed or something?" She interrupted.
"Yeah, I'm really stressed out about pretty much everything."
"Take this." She handed me this beautiful ruby necklace that looked vaguely like something off House of Anubis. I put it around my neck is awe.
"My grandma wrote me a note explaining everything before I was born, and this necklace was inside the envelope." She handed me an old crinkled piece of paper. It read...

Dear Ruby,
You have been put in adoption for a reason. Your mother and I love you very much but I am afraid she has a very serious medical condition and she has slipped into a coma. Her body is very weak and she has been put on a life machine. I am writing this in the middle of a very bad powercut, and the doctors and nurses are doing everything they can to help your mother while the power isn't flowing through to the life machine. Your mother may not last very long as her medical condition is life threatening. If you are reading this then your mother, has indeed passed away. I, as an individual, cannot look after you as I have cancer and I am very weak as well. Just know your mother and I love you very much and we wish for the best while you are in the adoption centre.

Best of luck and sincerest apologies from,
Grandma xxx
P.s. There is a little gift from us inside the envelope. It's not much but I have had it since I was a kid. xxx

I sat there and stared. "Are you sure you want to give this to me?"
"It's good luck."
I smiled at her. How could she give me something so special? I mean, obviously she would keep it.

The bell rang. I gave her a quick hug and ran home.
_______________________________________________________________________Hey guys!
Chapter 10! Yippee! I never could have made it without you guys!
Two new shoutouts...
kiralouise2
ruby_esho
Yay!

xxxPrincess Hollywoodxxx