seventeen

*AN UPDATE??!*

"be careful," ashton said, gripping the plate that luke held in his hands.

"what am i supposed to eat if you keep hiding it all from me?" the blonde cried out as he laid his head down on the dining room table, hiding his face in his arms. "i thought you wanted me to get better."

"yeah, better, not obese, you fucking pig." the man's voice grew louder and even more distorted as he began to throw away the half eaten dinner.

luke lifted his head up slightly and noticed that his lover was faceless. "this isn't real, you would never do this to me."

"yes, he would, don't you think?" the figure leaned forward with a hollow grin, showcasing it's white eyes.

"no! he wouldn't, you're not real, you're not ashton," the blue eyed man responded as he let the tears stream down his face.

"luke, wake up. luke!"

"luke? what's happening?" the blonde woke up, his head down on the dining room table and a plate of half eaten food sitting right next to it. "we need to take you somewhere, you're digging a really deep hole again, luke."

"why can't you just help me? are you giving up on me?" luke looked up at his boyfriend, obviously confused.

"luke, i need you to answer honestly. did you get better or did you just gain weight for everyone but yourself?" worry was covering the golden haired man's face as he waited the response.

luke wasn't exactly sure how to respond, or he didn't know the right answer to that question. "gaining was me getting better, are you delusional?"

the other's eyes widened as he crossed his arms, "luke," he warned. ashton, of course, knew he didn't get better at this point but he wanted luke to admit it himself. "getting better is being okay with the weight you gained, it's not just doing it to please others. that's really not healthy for your mind because you're still going to feel guilty about it if you're not okay with it and it's obvious that that's what you did."

"i'm not going somewhere, ashton. i don't need to."

ashton, unamused, shook his head and scoffed, "luke, you do need to. you scare me so much, please just do something to get better for real this time."

the blonde shook his and scoffed, "literally look at yourself, i'm not getting better in these circumstances, i cant."

the older man looked at himself and rolled his eyes, "there's always gonna be people who look skinnier than you, what are you gonna do about it when starving your body isn't an option?"

"it'll always be an option. you've already brought the scales out again for yourself, what's stopping me from using it?"

"luke, if you use that thing i'm going to call and tell your mother what's actually been going on," ashton was starting to raise his voice a lot more, in an attempt to scare the other into getting better.

"you wouldn't do that to me, you love me."

"i would do that to you because i love you."

tears started to form in the younger's eyes as he got up from the table and left to lay down in their bedroom. "don't you dare," he grumbled as he passed the other.

~~~

"luke robert hemmings."

luke jumped at the call of his name, springing up in his bed to showcase his unclothed torso. his eyes widened as he saw who it was and he started to wrap the blanket around his shoulders. "mum?"

ashton had been watching from the door with a solemn look on his face.

"mum, i don't know what ashton told you but it's not true, i promise."

"lukey, look at yourself," she replied, sitting down on the side of the bed. "your body was perfect, what are you doing to yourself?"

ashton knew that if anyone could help him, it was his mum. her words made him feel vulnerable and he would never disobey her.

"we're gonna go home for a month or two, honey, this environment isn't good for you it seems." luke just nodded as he began to cry again. "we'll get you looking perfect and plump again."

the blonde couldn't believe she had just said those two words in the same sentence, he even cringed at the second one. he'll never be perfect as long as he's fat, he'll never believe it at least.

as the two walked out of the room after luke had put a t shirt on, ashton offered a hug to the younger boy but he declined, barely even looking at him. he was 21, he could take care of himself, he didn't need his mum to help.

~~~

"luke, what's got you acting this way again?"

the blonde just shrugged on the drive to his brother's house where his mom had been staying while she was in la.

"don't you think you're too old for this?"

luke scoffed, "you cursed me with this godawful body and life, i wish you aborted me." the blonde slapped his hand over his mouth as soon as he realized what he had said. "i'm sorry, mum."

"luke, you're walking on thin ice, just do what i tell you to so you can go back to your apparently miserable life."

"it'll be even more miserable by then."

his mother gave him a look, warning him.

~~~

luke opened his phone, ringing ashton. after the fourth ring, a rough voice picked up. "hello?"

"ashton, i'll be good, please let me come home," the blonde whined. "shes gonna make me fat, i wanna get better."

"luke, i'm not taking you back home yet, one of the main reasons i told her was because we both kept stunting each other's progress. we need time apart."

"no-" luke was cut off by his older brother entering the room he was staying in. he immediately hung up and stared at the elder, wondering why he was in there.

"so the rumors were true," jack whispered before smirking. "my little brother has a woman's disorder."

"eating disorders aren't just for women and the rumors are false, i'm just fit."

"you're not fit, you're a twig."

"you're just mad i have a faster metabolism."

"faster metabolism my ass, your body is begging for energy right now."

"it's fine," the younger sibling sat down on the guest bed, looking away from jack.

"your little sickness," he started, setting some blankets down on the younger blonde's lap, "wont last a day here with mum as your personal chef, you know."

luke nodded, "i'm gonna get fat, jack, that's all you had to say."

"just making sure you knew. if you wanna go on runs with me let me know, i won't tell her."