eighteen

luke felt like everything and everyone was taunting him at this point. the blonde still loves food as much as when he was younger and it was getting harder and harder with each day to control himself.

after every larger meal that luke ate, his mother watched for an hour and a half afterwards. during those long minutes, luke was expected not to exercise or use the bathroom for any reason which seemed excessive but the man was a menace to his body. the blonde could feel the fat accumulating all around his body with each day passing. it felt like literal torture.

"mum, i think i'm fine now, i wanna go home."

"ashton isn't ready for you to come back yet, honey," she replied, looking away from her son. she could always tell when he was lying.

the blonde's eyes began to water as the sentence played over and over in his head. what could that even mean? why was this even happening? "can i go out with jack?" he questioned finally, seeing the elder blonde pop his head into the doorway of the kitchen.

"what are you doing, jack?"

"getting coffee," jack lied, "he can come if he wants to. i'm sure he wants some guy time." jack had always been a better liar than luke, their mother always believed him.

their mother thought for a second before nodding, "alright, be careful, lukey. jack, you better watch him just as i do."

"i will," luke's brother stated as he walked out the door, luke jogging behind him.

"lu-," she attempted to warn him but was cut off by the door slamming shut.

the two boys then began to walk away from the house, making sure to escape the view of it before jack stopped and looked at his baby brother. "already cant take it, huh?"

"i'm never giving this body up."

it was clear that his brother wanted to say something but he had decided not to argue with him that night.

the two took off at equal speeds, but soon after, luke began to snatch up the lead. it didn't take long for the younger to feel nauseous—only seven minutes to be exact—which forced the boy to stop in his tracks and clutch his stomach.

"luke?" jack stopped next to the other and put a hand on his back. "are you okay? you're looking really pale."

"i'm gonna throw up, jack," the blonde mumbled before turning away to do so.

"no, no, luke, you can't," the brother shook his head profusely and turned the man around quickly, holding him in a tight hug. "luke. i'm not ready to attend my baby brother's funeral, you really need to do something about this, it's even worrying to me. i didn't know it was this serious."

luke's eyes started to sting while he tried his hardest to hold back tears. he knew his brother rarely showed that he cared about anything, even family, so maybe it was more serious than he thought it was. "it's not this serious," he replied matter-of-factly as he pushed himself away from jack, "i'm fine, i jus-" the man began to dry heave before letting himself empty his stomach completely in the grass.

"are you kidding me?" jack mumbled as he put his hand over his face, "are you my girlfriend from high school?" on second thought, it wasn't that serious at all.

the blonde wiped his mouth on his sweater sleeve, "would you quit comparing me to a woman because i have an eating disorder? anyone can have one."

"well you don't need to be afraid of gaining weight, luke, i don't understand how any man could have one. just go to the gym if you're that worried about it."

luke stared at his brother in disbelief, "jack, this is different. i live a different life than you. tons of men in my occupation are constantly made fun of by their own fans if they don't fit a certain look. we need to be skinny, we need a strong jawline, we need a thigh gap, we need perfect teeth..." he listed.

"you don't need that stuff you want that stuff, i doubt somebody's ever told you specifically that that's what they want to see on you," the older man scoffed, "don't ruin your fucking body because you wish you had a woman's body."

"i don't have or want a woman's body!" the younger brother stood up straight as he got more upset over the situation.

"whatever, luke. you are so delusional."

an update at 4 am my time 🥳 i have been awake for 33 hours it's time for my hiatus part 400 on this app 🤓