chapter 3 - Fine Line Between a Monster and a Hero

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/194781

Same Night - Day One

Night - Reefer Rick's Place - Outside

Hailey, Dustin, Steve, Nadia, Ruby, Robin and Max were about to leave the shed, where Billy and Eddie were still hiding out to stay hidden from the town.

When Nadia heard a helicopter in the sky and saw the lights shining around, she immediately knew who it was. "Shit! Back inside, back inside!"

The group backed away into the shed to hide from the helicopter's lights.

"What's going on?" Eddie asked. "I thought you were gonna look for who died."

"There's a helicopter right outside," Dustin answered.

"Not just any chopper," Nadia told them. "Colonel Sullivan's helicopter."

"The guy that's been chasing you and Niko?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, the guy we've been luring after us so he doesn't find El, or find out about Hailey and Ruby," Nadia answered.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Ruby asked.

"Guessing about Vecna and Mirage's victims," Hailey answered.

Billy rolled his eyes. "Are we really gonna call them that?"

"Yes," Hailey and Dustin answered.

Steve shook his head. "Don't fight them on this. They always win about what to call these things."

Billy let out a sigh. "Fine."

"Do you think they know Nadia's here?" Robin asked in concern. "Or that they could be looking for Ruby, Hailey, Billy and Eddie too?"

"More than likely," Max answered.

"Fuck," Ruby whispered. "There's no way we can go looking for the next victim, is there?"

"Not tonight," Steve answered. "Can't take the risk with the military government out there."

Hailey was completely frustrated and hopeless after what just happened to her again. "So what the fuck are we supposed to do?"

The others looked at Hailey in concern, knowingly.

"We go home, regroup, find out what to do in the morning," Nadia answered. "We can't be out on the street and risk being caught."

"That's your idea?" Dustin asked skeptically.

"It's the best one we got to make sure that Nadia, Hailey and Ruby aren't caught," Max pointed out. "Or Billy and Eddie."

"They're right," Robin agreed.

They all knew that was true, sighing heavily in worry.

Billy reached out to catch Ruby's hand to get her to look at him, looking from her to Max. "Hey." Ruby and Max looked at him. "You two be careful."

Ruby smiled softly, while Max was relieved to finally get to a place like this with her stepbrother.

"We will," Ruby told him.

"You too," Max told him.

Billy nodded. Ruby turned to go with the others, but Billy pulled her closer. Ruby turned to Billy, as the two looked each other in the eyes, both hating how this had to keep happening to them for reasons they didn't know. Ruby leaned closer to kiss Billy for a brief, but passionate and painful moment, which he returned.