chapter 9 - Beginning of the End

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/205837

Same Night - Day One

Kamchatka, Russia

Night - Church - Outside

Dmitri, Nadyr, Apollo and Murray were getting the plane out of the plane shed behind the church.

Joyce brought over the fuel for the plane, so they could all fuel it up, but knowing that they could not yet leave knowing that every gun in Russia would be aimed at them.

Murray looked at Nadyr, Apollo and Dmitri. "It's perfect. Yeah, I can totally see it. You in Indiana."

"Indiana?" Nadyr repeated in amusement.

"Yeah," Murray answered. "Well, you are an Ivanov, Nadyr. And Natasha, Nadia and Niko fit in there just fine." Nadyr looked down at Apollo. Apollo frowned at Nadyr's look, not knowing what it was for, but gave a smile in return. "Apollo, I'm sure that once we find your sister Calliope, you two could fit right in too."

"Maybe," Apollo replied. "Not like we have anywhere else to go."

Nadyr shrugged in agreement.

Murray pointed to Dmitri. "Plus, you have a certain stoic--more Clint Eastwood than..."

Nadyr shook his head, walking away inside.

Inside - Main Room

Joyce had gone back inside after giving the boys the plane fuel, to change her clothes from the clothes that she had been wearing on the mission.

Nadyr walked in, noticing Joyce just now finishing pulling on her shirt, turning away. "Sorry. Guess I should've knocked."

Joyce turned to face Nadyr. "It's fine. I'm done." Nadyr looked at Joyce. Joyce chuckled knowingly. "Murray talking your ear off again?"

"Yeah," Nadyr answered. "Ranting about how well Apollo and I would fit in in Hawkins with all of you, like Natasha, Nadia and Niko. Calliope too, if we find her."

"Well, I don't know much about Calliope besides meeting her one time at a dinner, but I do know you and Apollo fairly good by know," Joyce replied. "Several missions in a row and saving each other's lives constantly will do that to people." Nadyr chuckled in acknowledgment. "I think that you would definitely fit in there, Nadyr. Apollo too. And I know that since Calliope was looking for him when I did see her, that Calliope would stay wherever he did."

"Yeah," Nadyr agreed. "Apollo and Calliope just deserve a home where they feel safe and loved."

Joyce nodded in agreement. "So do you, you know." Nadyr looked at Joyce, raising an eyebrow. "I mean, I know from what you've told me, before this... you said that us back in Hawkins are like a big happy family, and in some ways, we are. Since we all protect each other and fight together like family, even with all the near-death experiences and the trauma. You asked me if I would trade that for not having those people in my life."

"And you told me that you would like to think that you could live without all the danger and trauma, but still have everyone that you all know and love," Nadyr reminded her. "But that all those experiences were what bound all of you together as a family."