chapter 6 - Irony's a Bitch

Outfits Link:

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/195362

Same Night - Day One

Night - On the Road

Cops were driving full speed down the road toward Lover's Lake, sirens blaring and lights flashing.

Lover's Lake

Andy, still in his suit, was sitting, waiting for the cops.

Powell and Callahan got out of their cars, walking toward Andy.

"Where are they?" Powell asked.

Andy stood, running toward the lake to lead the cops over to them.

Ryan and Jason, still in their suits, still soaking wet from the lake, were sitting on the dock, still in shock from what they had seen.

Patrick's body was laying on the ground in front of them.

Ryan looked over his shoulder toward the cops.

House - Kitchen

Ryan and Jason were being questioned, sitting at a table in the kitchen, their suit jackets wrapped around them to warm them up.

"Where was Eddie when that happened?" Powell asked. "Did you see Billy there at all? Or Ruby?"

Ryan frowned, confused, disoriented. "Wha... wait, what?"

"Where was Eddie when you two saw this?" Powell asked. "Was Billy there? Or Ruby? Since she's still a suspect for us as much as she is for the two of you."

"Eddie--he was in the..." Ryan trailed off. "In the boat, like we said. And no, Billy and Ruby weren't there. Neither of them."

Callahan was skeptic. "Right. Right. But then, uh, who lifted Patrick out of the water? The big snake creature that glowed purple and orange and sucked out his soul? And the red energy?"

Ryan rolled his eyes, looking away.

Jason glared between the two cops. "You're not listening to us. Why aren't you listening to us?"

"Ryan, Jason, we are listening," Powell told them.

Ryan scoffed, shaking his head hysterically. "No, you're not. You're not."

"Eddie is a... Eddie is a vessel," Jason told them. "Just a vessel."

"A vessel?" Powell repeated.

Jason nodded. "For Satan. He's made a pact with the devil. Maybe he--he summoned this monster that did these killings. I don't know if Billy and Ruby are apart of it, but they might be."

Powell sat back, exchanging a look with Callahan.

Ryan looked away. "You don't believe us."

"We're just, uh, processing all of this," Powell told them. "That's all. Okay?"

"You think we're crazy or covering something up," Ryan told them. "Believe me, we're not." He looked between the two officers intensely, leaning forward. "How do you expect to stop the devil and monsters if you don't believe they're real?"