it's worse at night

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

over a week had passed since george moved in, and there were no major differences in his hanahaki.

he had noticed that the petals he was coughing up were ever so slightly larger than before, and were more pigmented, but it wasn't to an extent that particularly worried him. in fact, after reading up on how most people's symptoms look after a whole week, george almost feels good- he starts to think that maybe his disease is coming to an end. admittedly, he doesn't feel as though he likes dream any less than before, if anything he likes him more now, but maybe the passing of his crush is an unconscious thing.

throughout the last week, george had been spending most of his time with sapnap.

it had nothing to do with his hanahaki, and george was in no way avoiding dream, but the brit's sleep schedule was almost perfectly synced with sapnap's, whereas dream goes to bed and wakes up significantly earlier than the other's. so, later at night, when george and sapnap have most of their energy, dream is usually already asleep, leaving the two to just spend time with each other.

"i really should go to bed," george laughs quietly at the ravenette hanging off of his arm from when the older boy had stood up to leave.

"please just stay down for like thirty more seconds," sapnap begged, eyes fixed on the tv as he grasped onto the brit's arm to prevent him from leaving, "they're literally just about to show the results."

george sighs fondly, sitting down on the arm of the sofa beside sapnap as the presenter recaps everything they'd done.

it had become habit for the pair to watch gardening shows while dream was asleep, seeing as they both enjoyed it but the blond would rather watch basically anything else. but george had quickly found that sapnap gets beyond invested in said shows, and it's practically impossible to drag the ravenette away once they'd started watching.

george smiles softly at the quiet gasp sapnap lets out when they show the garden, the younger boy's hands unintentionally lessening their grip as he stares in awe at the finished photos.

"that's pretty," george says, entertaining the ravenette's adoration- it would be obvious to anyone that sapnap greatly appreciates having someone to enjoy his hobby with, and george wasn't going to take that away from him.

"it is," sapnap hums, slowly leaning forward to pick up the remote whilst his eyes were still fixed on the screen.

"c'mon sap," george urged, shaking his arm where it was still secured in the younger's right hand, "i wanna sleep," he whined, dragging out the last word.

"okay, okay, sorry," the ravenette apologised, finally turning off the tv and standing up with a stretch before turning to george with a giddy smile, "that was so cool, wasn't it?"

"it was," george laughed, starting the journey up the stairs with sapnap following close behind.

"i think we should get one of those bee water things," sapnap suggests excitedly as he makes his way upstairs, "omg cause then-"