an unfamiliar wilting feeling

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

george wakes up to find himself alone.

the house sounds oddly still.

it wasn't rare to wake up and find the blond gone, it was normal because dream always wakes up first.

that wasn't any different. that wasn't what caught george's attention.

no, the unsettling factor was the warm sun leaking through the cracks in his curtain. the same light streaks that had just woken him up.

george had woken up to the sun, rather than the pressing need to vomit.

in fact, george hadn't slept so contently in over a month.

george shut his eyes as tight as his weak body could, praying to a god he wasn't sure existed that this wasn't death. hoping deep in his heart that this warm, golden glowing, room wasn't his interpretation of the afterlife.

he sits in silence, waiting.

there is not a single noise in the house, and that only adds to george's fear.

he waits.

and suddenly, he feels the familiar tingle of a cough rising in his throat- and the pain is strangely grounding.

his body jerks forward with a painful cough as he presses his arm into his sleeve, pulling away to see a few light blue petals pressed into the crease of his arm- a bit of blood dotting his sleeve. he disposes the flowers into the bin, taking his shirt off and leaning down out of his bed to grab a t-shirt off of his floor.

george's body still feels unsteady as he pushes himself out of the bed, taking a few deep breaths as he attempts to stabilise himself. the lack of oxygen, mixed with how little he'd moved around the past few days, swirls around his brain, and george has to focus as the room spins around him to ensure he doesn't pass out.

the way the room seems to move unsettles george's stomach, and he feels like he may throw up, but he manages to swallow down the feeling, blinking his eyes to refocus on his surroundings.

once everything stops moving and george is able to breathe, he takes it as a sign that it's okay, slowly moving out of his room on shaky legs.

from the hallways, he can see both sapnap and dream's doors are open, neither boy appearing to be in their room. george furrows his eyebrows in confusion, shaking his head to dismiss his worried thoughts as he made his way downstairs.

george wasn't used to being awake at this time, so the golden hue that settled over the lounge was unfamiliar. it was beautiful- celestial, almost.

as he turned into the kitchen george stopped in his tracks, his lungs feeling tight as he stared at the large vase of delphiniums sat at the centre of the island.

they were a range of colours, the most prominent one being the bright blues that looked almost identical to the ones he'd been coughing and throwing up over the last month.