finally at peace

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

two days had passed, and george was still breathing.

barely, but it was still there.

"it's really bad sap," dream sighs, rolling his lip between his teeth as he prepared cereal for george, "he couldn't even get out of bed yesterday."

sapnap had to run errands yesterday, meaning he'd been out all day. he'd hated knowing george wasn't doing good at home, and he hated even more having to hear the updates from dream- he could tell the blond was trying not to cry talking about it.

"really?" sapnap asked, surprised, "that bad?"

"that bad," dream repeats, turning to the ravenette with tired eyes- he hadn't been sleeping- "he's so breathless," he explains, "he can't even drink some water without gasping for air after."

sapnap breaks into a wince at the thought of it- having heard the brunette's panting when he'd got home late the night before.

"and," dream starts, turning back briefly to stir the softening cereal, "i stayed with him last night because he asked me to, but i couldn't sleep because i was so worried and he left the bed at least, like, six times to go into the bathroom and throw up," he speaks quietly, as if george would hear them from upstairs, "and he wouldn't even let me go with him. he was just vomiting up his insides all alone."

sapnap frowns, eyebrows pierced together, "and the doctors?"

"he's still refusing," dream sighed, wiping his hand down his drooping face, "we definitely need to ask again today though."

"agreed," sapnap nods, both boys getting up as dream picked up the bowl. sapnap filled up a fresh glass of water before they both wordlessly made their way upstairs to the brunette's room.

george was laying on his side, wide awake, but he looked so tired.

his whole face was sunken in and his eyes looked dark where they stared lifelessly at the floor.

"we bought you breakfast," dream announced quietly, and the way george perked made it obvious he hadn't even realised his friends had walked in. he immediately sat up, taking a deep breath as he smiled at them.

"thanks," he grinned, shifting back to sit against his headboard as dream passed him the cereal. george settled it in his lap, stirring it around before looking at dream with a light-hearted glare, "it's soggy."

"well, you struggled to eat the chips yesterday because you were so tired so i figured this would be better," dream explained, gesturing to the bowl. george nodded understandingly before starting to eat.

dream took a seat at the desk as the brunette ate, and sapnap moved to sit beside george on the bed, holding the water in his hands and passing it to george whenever the brunette gestured to it.

every mouthful george eats he finds himself struggling to breathe more, having to take a moment to catch his breath after each swallow. with george's inability to breathe and pure lack of energy, he knows he can't have more than a day or two left, and that knowledge dawns over him like a dark cloud.