number on a napkin

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

"are you writing it down or are you just going to tell me?" dream asked, voice dripping with stress as the car in front of them moves to order their food. the blond had wanted nothing less than to go to a drive-thru, but with george and sapnap begging him like he was their father it was impossible to say know.

"i've already written it down," sapnap answered, holding up his phone where he'd typed their mcdonalds order into his notes for dream to read. in the back seat of the car, george was humming along to the song he was playing out the aux- some british rap the others had never heard.

dream takes the phone off of sapnap, reading through the order and practising it in his head. "cake?" he questioned, squinting at the screen.

george leant over to read the list with an amused scoff, "that says coke, idiot."

"is that with-" dream stuttered, pausing to open up the keyboard as he corrected the list to say cola, "do you want ice or not?"

"yeah, please," george requested, the florida heat making ice sound like heaven in that moment.

"just don't mention ice," sapnap started, having plenty of experience with this particular drive-thru, "if you say 'with ice' they're more likely not to give you any," he states, matter-of-factly, "because they always mishear."

"so i just don't say it?" dream questioned, furrowing his eyebrows at how little sense sapnap made.

"yeah," the ravenette nodded.

"plus," george spoke from the behind them, leaning back against his seat and picking up his phone, "if they don't give me ice i can just get some from home."

dream turned back to look at george with furrowed eyebrows, an almost comical look of indifference settled over his features. "well i could just say, 'please can you make sure there is ice in the cola'."

"no, don't," sapnap warned, shaking his head at the blond, "i'm serious, if you mention it they will not give you any."

dream looked back at sapnap with a glare, "that doesn't even make sense sap."

george held back a quiet laugh. he wasn't even that bothered about whether or not his drink had ice because, as he'd said, he could always just get some at home. but watching the two american boys bickering was too entertaining to interrupt. 

recently, george had been vomiting around three times a day and that number only increased if he'd been spending time around dream. the brit was mainly sick during the night and so it went undetected, but there had been more than a few occasions where he threw up during the light of day, although he was good at identifying the feeling before it came and so was yet to be caught. 

 "i'm going to say," dream said sternly as he shifted to face forward, shifting gears as the car in front started to pull away.