[Welcome!]

J4SZX: Greetings, well, this is probably the nth time that ANOTHER book pops out of nowhere in my account. But hear me out! Or rather, hear US out. You see, this here's a special one, a special book that is made by not only me but another author as well! That is right, this is a collaboration book! And here we have my friend here who's gonna introduce himself~

Kazu: Hello, I'm Kazuya_Kiyokami, but just call me Kazu. I'm sort of known for my Hololive and Quintessential Quintuplets fanfics, but I've recently (well, not that recent anymore) gotten into Arknights and wanted to write a story based in Terra. I came across J4SZX's Arknights books a while back and really enjoyed them. I found his writing style to be very admirable so I couldn't help but want to be able to collaborate with him. So I reached out to him over Wattpad and was stoked to see that he accepted my proposal!

J4SZX: The thought of doing a collaboration book with someone was quite an opportunity to pass up, so of course, I was stoked! On the plus side, this seemed to be a good vacation-type escapade from writing our individual books since, you know, motivation issues, yeah that's the real bummer. But in this one, we were wholly invested in how this would turn out! We then pitched ideas and brainstormed how we were gonna do it, and eventually, it all came together, spurring the creation of this book!

Kazu: As my friend mentioned, we're very invested in this book, so much so that I even ended up creating illustrations for it (for example, the cover itself). So what is this book about, you may ask? Well, it's not the typical fanfiction, it's set in an AU (well, sort of, only modifications in the timeline). We spent a lot of time figuring out how to make the lore compatible with the story we were trying to tell. Heck, J4SZX had to give me a rundown on some of the lore since I wasn't as savvy as he was with AK. So, we've each created an OC, each with a pretty cool background if I could say so myself, and placed them in the heart of Terra.

J4SZX: We won't say much about the things we have planned, but we hope that you'll be with us on this new (and probably arduous, who knows) journey in this alternate universe. Sometimes, our individual writing styles will show here and there, but that won't distract you that much in the lateral end. We spent a total of a month just making sure that the story would live up to the prestige of Arknights' lore, so we really are excited to show it to the community. Oh, and one more thing, if you're wondering whether this book will be dark like in the original game or fanfic friendly like most fanfics, well, you'll have to read and find out~

Kazu: We hope you enjoy reading our book, please do comment feedback or the like as you read! 

J4SZX: And with that, we won't waste any more of your time. Be sure to check out Kazu's works as well if you're interested. See you at the next one!