10- Bubblegum Scent

ꨄ︎
Trigger warning: Slight violence

It's almost the end of your shift and everything went normal. No teasing for today, after Hongjoong believed your crappy made-up story. The blue-haired man is in the usual busy, cold state. You watched him reading every article with his glasses on. There's something in this guy that makes you feel weird.

He's annoying and cold but you know there's good in him. The time he offered to walk you home but you declined him, unfortunately. Based on your judgment, Hongjoong is a workaholic man, though you have no idea if he lives with his parents or where he lives.

You're a vampire and you have a job of protecting innocent people. You're tagging Hongjoong as a VIP on that list since he's your...well, your co-worker. Not only that, you won't be able to work well and balanced without him so you felt the need to protect him.

It makes you happy to tease him. You enjoy teasing because it makes everything easier for you. The oddest thing is that you seem to enjoy teasing the CEO. You despise him with all your heart. You want to put him in his place, so you just go with the flow until you're finally wealthy. He seduces you, and you return the favor, but you don't like him in that way. You're only doing it for the benefits and money.

" Miss Y/N, you've been staring at me", Hongjoong broke the silence. " Do you want to say something to me?".

" Nothing. I'm just...ah... Uhm..", you replied but then it hit you once again. Your bloodthirst. You flinched when you felt the burning sensation, the need to feed. Your sensitive nose caught Hongjoong's scent." Fuck! ".

You screamed as you slapped yourself. Hongjoong stood up, worried about how you're acting right now. He tried to approach you but you moved away, breathing heavily.

" Don't. Get. Closer."

You spoke every word.

" What happened to you? Is this because of the mirror thing? I'm sorry I..", Hongjoong said but trailed off when you stood up and stared at him.

" Hongjoong....", you said, grabbing his arm as you pulled him closer to you. His bubblegum scent overpowered the blood scent so you sighed in relief.

Hongjoong was so confused that he just stood there, frozen. He can smell your perfume and fuck, it made him go crazy. You smell so good and it's driving him nuts he wants to hug you, probably to calm you down for having a " breakdown".

You sniffed his neck, fighting the urge to taste it. To make an excuse and to avoid the question of why you sniffed him, you hugged him. Hongjoong's mouth turned "o" when you did that.

" Hongjoong...I'm just scared, sorry", you spoke, pretending to sound as sad as ever.

" Uhmm, well it's okay now, don't be scared. I'm sorry I asked you about it", Hongjoong consoled. You felt bad for making this guy believe the such story but you're just playing safe.

You broke from the hug and wiped a fake tear. Hongjoong walked back slowly to his chair. He sat down, still looking at you. He has a concerned and somehow unsure look on his face.

As the blue man looked on, you fixed your hair. He looked at your now emotionless face, but his attention was drawn to your lips. He frowned slightly, his thoughts racing somewhere. He doesn't know you very well, and he's not sure what you do for a living.