𝟶

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

3rd pov

It was another night in Musutafu. People were walking back home from a night out or work. Heroes were walking in the city lights while the villains were lurking around in the shadows planning devious ways to hurt the hero world. To be specific, heroes being heroes, villains being villains and civillIsn being civilians.

The difference is that the civilians are doing whatever they want instead of planning evil plans or protecting the people. They're either walking home, going to work, are drunk, anything really. Even some children were out on these streets. The lucky ones with their parents or friends. The unlucky ones, are living in the shadows. For example, the boy digging through the trash.

When he couldn't find anything he climbed out of the trash can and landed back on his feet. His messy black hair was littered with specs of crumbs and dirty. His black shirt hid the dirt on it, but couldn't hide the revolting smell. He picked at his dry lips; Upset he couldn't find any food. His stomach was pleading for it. He looked over seeing people pass by the alleyway. They either cast him a disgusted or pitiful glance, sometimes both.

Before the boy could walk further down the alleyway he was in, but he noticed a shadow covering his body and the pavement below him. The boy turned around seeing who the overcasting shadow belong to.

In front of him stood a black woman dressed in matching brown sweat pants and zip up jacket. Her hair was all in twist. All ends reached the top of her shoulders passing her chin. A cigarette hang loosely from her lips. The end was lit, the glow showing her tired stern eyes. What stood out more was the shield on arm.

The woman reached up and took the cigarette out with her pointer and middle finger. A huge smoke cloud came out of her mouth. It flew up into the air and began disappearing blending in with the invisible air. She tossed it to the ground then stomp on it, squishing the little flame and ashes below her boot.

"You smell like shit", she finally spoke. The boy didn't know what to do. He was going to take off, but the woman suddenly stepped forward.

"Alright kid let's go", she sighed reaching out for him. The boy curled his fingers ready to touch her hand with his hand activating his cursed quirk, Decay.

The woman pulled her hand away when the boy charged forward. Once he was close she stuck her foot out causing him to trip over it. The boy fell face first into the dirt hurting his chin. Before he could even think of getting back up to attack, the woman grabbed the back of his shirt and lifted him into the air.

"LET ME GO OR ILL KILL YOU ILL KILL YOU", the boy threatened as he flailed around trying to touch the woman. The woman held him at an arms reach and just watched him, not caring for conceding looks she got from people passing by.

"You're breath smell like shit too", the scoffed. The boy kept struggling, but eventually tired himself since he hadn't eaten for days. The boy finally went limp succumbing to the exhaustion.

"All bark no bite huh", the woman chuckled causing the frown to deepen on the boy's face.

"Fix your face. You already smell like shit you don't want wrinkles now do you", the woman joked then began walking with the boy hanging beside her side like a handbag.

The boy tried to reach for her leg once more. The woman held her arm straight out making the boy miss by a millimeter. She held the boy out until he exhausted himself yet again. She turned to look at him.

"Touch my leg and I'll knock you out faster than you could even think about it. Understand me", she promised. The boy remained silent.

"I said do you understand me", she questioned gripping his shirt more making it tighten around his neck a bit.

"...yes", he finally mumbled his voice raspy. "You can do better than than", the woman replied gripping his tighter.

"I understand", he corrected. "Good", the woman replied loosening her grip a bit. "Now let's go I can eat a horse right now", she sighed then continued walking still carrying the boy like a hand bag.

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣