Thus, the Romans Fought Back

In an alternate timeline where nothing makes sense, the Empire from Gate squares up against the Roman Republic.

======

In the lush banks of the Rubicon River, soldiers of the great Empire marched in endless procession through the Gate, stumbling onto lands familiar yet strange.

The Empire's best cohort of dragon riders clamoured onto the skies, ready to survey the lands beyond at the behest of their Generals. The morning sky was tainted in a fresh glimmer gold from the rising sun, casting long shadows against the marching procession of humans, elves and orcs.

Unified under the Empire's will, the warriors settle into formation with thoughts of glory and riches clouding even the most noble of hearts. Orcs readied their clubs and roared to the heavens, charging forth to meet the strange enemy with strength and steel.

The elven and human auxillaries remain at the rear, perched in formation ready to unleash a hail of arrows in a moment's notice. The Empire's main forces stood at the ready, undaunted in their courage as they slowly closed the gap.

The Sadaren Empire's mighty laws and fame will be spread into this new world. Its lands claimed and peoples be forced into the thrall of the Empire's evergrowing borders.

Undaunted in the face of the invaders, the noble Romans held their positions even with strange creatures of flight cirling over them. Centurions stood at the forefront of every line and trebuchets were primed by the engineers. Forts and trenches were dug tirelessly by germanic and hispanic auxillaries since their arrival to the river five days ago.

Squinting intently ahead, Rome's finest general glared defiantly at the Gate's distant visage cursing the strange monument for birthing the enemy's forces. Pissus Maximus led the largest assembly of troops in Rome's glorious history. Not even the battles of old against the Carthaginians were this big.

There were many legions, but none were as famous as the XXX legion. Their feats were unchallanged, and soldiers equally so.

With a nose as sharp as his Gladius, the couragous general raises his sword and charged the enemy. The Roman Legions follow him into the fray. The common soldiery hurl insults to the enemy, questioning the size of their manhoods while some were uttering praises to the God of war, Mars wishing for a glorious battle for Rome.

The orcs foolishly met the Legionnaries head on, stopping the roman advance but unable to break through their discipline. Shields were splintered amongst the front lines but their spirits never wavered. At the front, Pissus Maximus fought even as he leaked beneath his legs.

Suddenly, a Centurion scampered on to a rock and yelled, "I screwed Boudica and her mom lol!"

Suddenly out of the nearby woods, the Celts came rushing out angrily. They attacked both Romans and Saderans alike causing more confusion amongst the battle. The traitorious Centurion was swiftly gutted like the barbarian lover he is, but the damage had already been done.

The battle for the Rubicon has begun, for the die has been cast.

===End===
Part one.....

Can I now be considersd a fanfic writer? Lol