Prologue

The Hundred Devouring Families, also known as the Momobami Clan, are tremendous political influences of Japan. With various branches of the clan specialising over many different categories, from poison creating to medical professionals, they had very few rivals. Despite their differences, all the families of the Momobami Clan had something in common.

They were unparalleled gamblers.

This of course was common knowledge, which was the main reason Airi Yunabami was questioning the actions of the trembling girl sitting across from her. She was the one who challenged her to a game of classic poker.

"Yunabami Airi wins. Miss Kyori Suzuhara's total loss is three hundred million, seven hundred thousand, two hundred and fifty yen after fifteen rounds of classic Texas Hold'em Poker."

A high-pitched scream resonated in the silent room as the distraught girl pulled on her own hair. Tears were streaming down her face as she continued screeching and thrashing about.

"As per house rules, payment is expected in less than a week, Suzuhara-san. We will be keeping tabs on you. Please remove her from the vicinity now."

At the host's orders, the now-ruined girl was dragged out of the esteemed gambling casino, her screams fading away after moments.

Wordlessly, Airi picked up her bag and waltzed out of the establishment, silver hair gently resting on her shoulders. She was still puzzled as to why Suzuhara had challenged her to a match. Did she think her simple cheating strategies would work against someone like her? Through the entire game, Airi could see cards up Kyori's sleeve and even the earpiece she had in her ear, which was almost impossible to spot under the girl's locks of hair.

It was ridiculous that a person dared to challenge her with such amateur tricks.

~

"Tadaima."

"Okaeri, Yunabami-sama. Your parents are still at work."

"Of course they are."

The silent mansion in Tokyo made Airi uncomfortable, despite her favourite environment being peace and quiet. She was glad that there were plenty of maids and butlers that kept her home clean, or she would be freaked out by the lack of noise. Airi Yunabami lived in the main mansion of the Momobami Clan, the Momobami Mansion. Despite its collosal size, not much of her clan resided in it since they were all living in separate housing.

Despite her success in Hyakkao Private Academy last year, she hated gambling. She hated the stupid system that her cousin had placed upon the whole school. Because the academy was from elementary to high school, the system managed to seep its way into the middle school aged students and even some of the older elementary students. Throughout her 9 years of education, she witnessed the ridiculous rules that were enforced there and saw the results of it. She saw how terribly everyone treated house pets and outcasts like Rei Batsubami. She was tired of Hyakkao Private Academy.

Making up her mind, she headed to her study room, staring thoughtfully at the giant globe in front of her. Shutting her eyes, she placed her finger on the globe and spun.

It spun and spun before slowing to a stop in her home country.

Kyoto.

That's where she would go.