Chapter 30

"RI-CHAN LOOK I PASSED!"

Airi shuffled through all of Kotaro's exams and indeed he had passed all of them by a few marks.

"Wow what did you place in your year?"

"130th!"

"Out of?"

"...189."

Eikichi and Reo stifled their laughter, though not very well. The 3 senpais had invited their two underclassmen to eat lunch with them and they were all reviewing their exams at the back of the class.

Rumours spread like wildfire around the school about the new couple. At first when students asked her, Airi wasn't sure how to respond. After that day, Akashi was always surprising her with back hugs or stealing food from her bento. Their class, and subsequently the entire school, found out through little things and Airi could even hear their teachers gossiping about it occasionally.

"Nebuya don't laugh at me! You failed your chemistry test!"

"I still placed 104th. I can laugh as much as I want."

"REO DON'T LAUGH WITH HIM."

"I came 27th. I'm basking in my superiority right now."

Ignoring their bickering, Airi leaned against Akashi and peeked over his shoulder to look at his exam results.

"How is that even possible..."

Grabbing the papers from his hands, she went through all of them in disbelief. Full marks for everything. Chemistry, Japanese literature, geography, english, maths, economics, politics and law, history... Everything was perfectly answered.

Letting out a sigh, she sadly looked at her own papers.

Chemistry: 96
Japanese Literature: 97
Geography: 100
English: 95
Maths: 100
Economics: 100
Politics and Law: 100
History: 100
Music: 100

"Seriously..." Airi cringed when she looked at her English score, "that's the worst I've scored in English in my entire life."

Of course, Airi placed second while Akashi placed first. She was a few tragic marks off for some of her exams.

That was seriously annoying.

Angrily shoving a tobiko roll in her mouth, she reviewed her English paper against Akashi's.

"Why does gigantic have two different sounding Gs? Shouldn't it be with a J? That doesn't even make any sense!"

Slamming her head on the desk, she heard Akashi laugh and felt him slip his arms around her.

"I'm inconsolable. Don't bother trying," she said without looking up. Must she always come second to this guy? Whether it was midterms or first semester finals, she came second.

"Sei-chan, Ri-chan, what's this year's culture festival theme? It's on the first Saturday of the winter break, right? The 19th?"

At the thought of that, Airi groaned once more.

"Yeah it is. I heard it's medieval kingdom themed!"

"Please don't remind me of it."

~

For the next three weeks, the student council would be in full work mode. Everything from where to buy certain coloured fireworks to the welcome sign colours would have to be finalised by Akashi or Airi. To finish paperwork quicker, Akashi invited Airi to his estate to work on it together.

Of course Airi accepted.

In all honesty, Airi was not excited for the festival. She was supposed to play the opening piece for the day after welcoming people in with Akashi. Since Akashi and Airi were the stars of the show, their presence was required all around the school during the whole day as both. Many male students had planned to dress up as knights, dukes and jousters, whereas the girls planned on cottage-core styled outfits and maid outfits. The disciplinary committee would have a hard time.