Bonus Chapter 1

A/N ^ Airi's present to Akashi 💜

No, Airi did not forget. In fact, she had prepared for the day since before the Winter Cup. How did she figure out when his birthday was when he never told her?

"Young master doesn't like owing people things. He prefers to thank them personally."

"In that case... I suppose I'll wait."

It wasn't like she had anything to do except update some old information on the Winter Cup teams. Tanaka had left and came back with some cookies, which Airi had gladly accepted. Sipping her warm green tea, she took in the room she sat in. The crackling fire was next to her, warming her up. She observed the red theme of the room, which was what the majority of the manor was coloured in.

A glass cabinet containing trophies and photo frames caught her eye.

Walking up to it, she saw countless amounts of first place medals, trophies, badges and awards sitting inside. The many photos inside were of Akashi, most holding certificates. Whether it was shogi, chess, basketball, music or academics, all Airi saw was gold.

In that cabinet, there was a photo of Akashi, his father, and his mother. Akashi was wearing a birthday sash. In the bottom right corner, she saw 20/12.

Sneaky but smart.

Meanwhile...

Akashi let out a sigh, letting the hot water run down his skin. Today was his 16th birthday and the second day of the winter holidays. His father was still away on his business trip. Maybe he should call Airi and ask her to come over? He was a little hurt that she didn't wish him a happy birthday but then again, he never told her.

Shutting off the water, he got dressed into his horse onesie before going to open the door. He paused as an uncomfortable feeling settled over him as his hand rested on the handle.

Someone was in his room.

It wasn't one of his butlers or maids. They knew better than to enter his room without permission.

What could he defend himself with? Looking around, he grabbed his comb. No, that wouldn't work. Looking in the cabinet, he grabbed his hairdryer.

Yes, this would hurt more.

Counting down in his head, he quickly pushed open the door and brought his arm back for a swing.

"SEI HIT ME WITH THAT HAIRDRYER AND I WILL THROW YOU OUT THE WINDOW."

He blinked as he saw his girlfriend sitting at the edge of his bed and glaring at him.

"What are you doing in my room?"

"I'm here to celebrate your birthday, you moron." She threw his pillow at him which he smoothly dodged, "instead, you planned to knock me out with a damn hairdryer!"

"I'm sor- wait, how did you know it was my birthday?"

"I thought you knew everything," Airi mocked, "anyways get dressed. We're going out."

~

"Must I wear this blindfold still?"

Akashi had been blindfolded since 8am. On the plus side, he had been holding Airi's hand for around 3 hours already.

"Are you kidnapping me? Why are we on a helicopter?"

"Relax a little, Sei. We're nearly there." Airi reassured, though he had no idea where there was. He felt the helicopter landing and Airi led him down the stairs.

He was dragged to a car for another 20 minutes or so before it came to a stop.

"We're here."

"Does that mean I can take off the blindfold?"