Chapter 12

"Yes, I understand. I'll keep an eye on her. Yeah, I'll see you soon." Loki replies hanging up the phone and letting out a heavy sigh. Running a hand through his hair he turns back only to find Lily standing in the doorway behind him her arms over her chest, something unfortunately he had taught her, her eyes narrowed at him. "Lily darling, you know snooping is a bad habit."

"When's mom and dad coming back?" Lily inquires making Loki straighten slightly as he makes his face devoid of any emotions.

"Soon, they just have to take care of a couple things in New York." He answers folding his arms over his chest to match her.

"Did mom say anything about me?" Lily asks her emotions slipping through the cracks to reveal upon her face.

"She did, she said she loves you; she misses you, and her and Thor will back soon. She also said that you're gonna come and spend a couple of days with me at grandma and grandpa's estate."

"Really?" Lily asks her eyes lighting up.

"Of course. Now let's go pack you a bag." Loki says making Lily turn on her heel and rush up the stairs to her room Loki following closely behind her. Pulling his cell phone out he sends his sister a quick text letting her know what is going on. It doesn't take her long to respond.

Hela – So you're taking her to the 'rents house?

Loki – Yeah.

Hela – good, I'll be there in a few. I just gotta load Fenris into the car.

Loki – see ya then.

Loki had called his mother a few minutes earlier and explained the situation. At the mention of someone possibly coming to try and take Lilly she had offered her house and all the bodyguards Loki would need. His father was also raging at the thought of someone taking his granddaughter. Odin very rarely got mad unless it had something to do with his family. Out of them all Lilly was his favorite.

Taking a deep breath, he rushes off after Lilly to help her pack. The faster they got to his parents' house the better he'd feel.

"Uncle Loki I can't find Beau!" Lilly cries out from her room making him furrow his brow.

"Didn't you just have him?" Loki asks as he reaches her room and Lilly nods.

"He was just here." She says as she starts tossing her other stuffed animals around in a hope to find him.

Worry floods Loki's body as he instantly reaches out and scooping Lilly up in his arms races toward the garage.

"What's wrong Uncle Loki?!" Lilly asks as Loki grips tight to her securing her in his arms.

"We have to leave now."

"But Beau!" Lilly cries out fear filling her voice.

"I'll find him later okay," He moves her so that he can look into her eyes as he continues, "This is important. I need you to be calm and close your eyes okay."

"Okay..." Lilly replies reluctantly as she buries her face into the crook of his neck.

Loki pulls his phone out as he opens the secret app that was connected to all the cameras. As it opens, he sees a group of men in black outfits, and he curses under his breath. It was too late. Loki takes a deep breath as he hurries towards the basement. If he couldn't get Lilly out to safety, then he'd get her to the safe room. Closing the camera app, he sends a text to Hela.

Loki- They're already here. Hiding Lilly now.

After he hits send, he slips the cell back into his pocket and descends the stairs to the room. Reaching the room, he inputs the code and as the doors open, he slips inside. Closing the door behind them Loki sits down in a chair and turns the camera monitors on. He holds tightly to Lilly as she starts to shake in his grasp.

"It's alright my dear. We're safe here." Loki says softly as he gently rubs circles on her back trying to calm her down.

"I want mommy." Lilly whimpers and Loki's heart clenches.

"Me too child. Me too."

Will Continue