Chapter 7 - Facing Each-other

Bucky sat in the driver's seat of his rental car, eyes focused on the house in front of him. Ever since he had found out his daughter he had dreamed about meeting her; but now that he was this close, he worried that it wouldn't turn out well. What if after he met her, she didn't want to see him again. That would kill him. Taking a deep breath, he grips tightly to the steering wheel as he tries to calm his nerves. He counts down from ten his eyes closed as he tries to focus on happy thoughts.

"I can do this," Bucky exclaims as he turns reaches for the door handle. Climbing out of the car he is instantly met with the scents of a ranch. A mixture of horse, hay, and wood burning in a stove fills his senses; calming him. That was a surprise. When (name) and him had been married, she'd always wanted to have a place like this. Being who he was and the family he was from, there was no way he could have given her something like this. He had to stay in the city. That was where he was needed. A pang of regret fills his heart making him clench his jaw.

Shaking his head, he walks over to the plantation like house and knocks on the door. When she opens it, he stares at her completely frozen in his steps. "H-hi," He stutters out making her smirk.

"I see you never fixed that." (Name) says folding her arms over her chest.

"Sorry," Bucky replies scratching the back of his neck.

"It's alright, come on in." She says as she moves to hold the door open for him.

"Thank you, for letting me still see Lily; even after what happened a few days ago." Bucky says as he walks past her into the foyer. "Where is she?" He asks looking around the house.

"She's out riding with Thor." (Name) replies closing the door before motioning him into the living room.

"Oh," Bucky says as he walks into the living room to sit down on the couch.

"Don't worry, you still get to see her. I just wanted to talk to you first." She says as she sits down in a chair to his left.

"Is this about Dot?" He asks, and she nods.

"I've had a chat with her. She told me her side of things, now I want to hear yours." She says her (E/C) eyes meeting his blue orbs.

"Is she still alive?" He asks making her chuckle.

"I thought about killing her, but she's young. She needs to see the world first."

"(Name)," Bucky says her name making her roll her eyes.

"Listen Bucky, before you tell me I want to say something." She says her eyes meeting his.

"Go ahead," Bucky agrees taking a deep breath.

"I want you to know that no matter what you tell me, it won't effect you seeing Lily. She wanted to meet you; so, even if after you tell me everything and I get really pissed off at you, I won't interfere."

"Thank you, (Name)." Bucky replies letting out a breath he hadn't known he had been holding.

"Don't thank me just yet. Now, out with it." She says folding her arms over her chest as she leans back into the chair.

"Okay," He pauses as he thinks about where to start. "It started when things were at there worst between us. I mean we were fighting all the time, we had even started sleeping in separate rooms at that time."

"Not my idea by the way." She interjects making him roll his eyes.

"I couldn't sleep next to you when you were constantly kicking and punching me in the middle of the night." Bucky adds getting slightly irritated at being interrupted.