Chapter 13

"What do you mean Loki hasn't arrived there yet?" Thor's worried voice booms out in the small apartment.

This wasn't good.

Thor's stomach drops at the thought of something happening to Lilly.

"I mean Hela got a text from Loki saying that it was too late. That was the last we heard form him. Thor, I know your brother can take care of himself, but I am seriously worried."

"I know mother, I am too."

Thor takes a deep breath as he tries to think of what to do next. His brow furrows as he wracks his brain for an answer.

"Mother, I have some calls to make. Keep me updated if you hear anything."

"Of course, Thor. If I hear anything you will be the first, I speak with."

"Love you."

"Love you too my son." And with that she hangs up the phone.

Thor's cell phone falls to his side as his eyes dance across the room. He needed an idea. He needed to know what was going on. The thought that he should have stayed home with his daughter filled his mind with regret. Was this his fault? Could he have prevented this?

"Thor? Is everything okay?" You ask as you round the corner to the little room you had been given while you stayed with Jessica.

Thor stares at you for a moment not sure what to say. Should he tell you what's happening? Would you blame him for not being there for Lilly? The demons of his past start to flood his mind with memories of all the people he couldn't save while he was in the military. His eyes grow dim as he is transported back to that moment when his best friend laid dying in his arms. The scent of gunpowder and dead bodies filled his senses as the feeling of blood dripping over his hands causes him to start to shake.

No.

No. no. no.

He didn't have time for this. His heart starts to race as his throat starts to close making it hard for him to breathe.

"Thor?" he hears a distant sweet voice call his name and he looks around for the owner but all he could see was the carnage and destruction of war.

"Thor?!" The voice calls again making him reach up and gripping his hair in his hand let out a loud groan of pain.

"Come back to me." The sweet honeysuckle voice calls to him and a light slowly starts to fill his eyes. "Thor, my love, I'm here. You're okay. Everything is okay." She repeats like a mantra until his eyes finally clear and he sees her standing in front of him her eyes filled with worry. "There you are, it's okay."

"I'm sorry." He breathes out the words as he tries to catch his breath.

"It's okay, My love." You whisper as you hold him tightly.

"No, it's not." Thor gulps down a breath of air as he holds tightly to you.

"Thor," You start you mind searching for the right words. "Look at me."

Thor reluctantly pulls away from you, his deep wounded blue eyes meeting your gaze.

"I am here for you. No matter what. Just like you are my rock, I am yours. I cannot begin to understand what you have seen or what you have gone through, but I am here for you. So just take deep breaths and let's talk about it, okay?" You say softly and he stares at you unsure for a moment before he lets out a heavy sigh and nods. "Okay, sit down."

You gently move him toward the bed and as he sits down you move to kneel in front of him. Thor takes deep breaths as he tries to calm him racing heart.

"Whatever it is that is wrong, we will get through this. Okay?" You ask and he nods again.