Intro

You watch as your husband of two years walks out the front door of your shared condo. Today was just another day where your worst fears were slowly becoming true. When the door closes you let out a heavy sigh you hadn't even known you were holding. He left without so much as a kiss goodbye. Of course, he was only headed to work; but you remember exactly when he stopped showing you any affection.

It had been the night you came home from a business meeting with your friend and longtime business partner Tony Stark. He was sitting on the patio a bright smile on his face while he talked to someone you didn't know on the other end of the line. You were about to walk out to tell him that you finally able to take that vacation the two of you had been planning when you heard him say it. He told the person on the phone he loved them. When was the last time he had said that to you?

Walking through the condo, you look around at all the things the two of you had collected together over the years and the memories fill your mind. Every fight, every make up, every little thing that at one time made you happy but now it just served as a play to the lie that was now your life. Your stomach churns and you instantly run to the bathroom where you throw up the breakfast that you had made only moments before for both yourself and your husband. Wiping the spit up from your mouth you stand up and look at your reflection in the mirror.

You furrow your brow at the look of what you had become. Shaking your head, you flush the toilet and leaving the bathroom head for the front door where your briefcase was waiting. Grabbing it you call your driver to come pick you up to take you to work. The whole way there you felt sick to your stomach and the pain just wouldn't go away. Before you make it to the office you decide to have your driver take you to the hospital instead. After what seemed like hours you left the hospital your stomach in knots.

How could this have happened? What would he think when you told him? you didn't have any hardcore evidence that he had someone else, just what you overheard from his phone conversation. Maybe this would be something that could fix your marriage? Maybe this was exactly what your marriage had been missing? Taking a deep breath, you walk over to your car and climbing inside ask him to take you to your husband's office.

The whole way there you stared out the window at the people walking down the sidewalk. Some were alone, other with their lovers, and some just in happy groups. You were about to pull your eyes away from the window when a familiar profile caught your eyes making your yell out for your driver to stop the car. As he pulled the car over you stare at the couple walking arms wrapped around each other, bright smiles and happy laughs escaping their lips. You rub your eyes to make sure you weren't just seeing things, but it couldn't be that easy.

Pulling out your cell phone you make one last attempt at trying to make what you saw now a lie. You quickly dial his number and as you bring the phone to your ear you watch as the man across the street answers after a couple rings. "Hello (Name), what do you need?" He asks his voice not letting it show that he was annoyed.

"Um, James, I need to talk to you about something. What time are you gonna be home tonight?" You ask trying your best not to let your emotions show through your voice.

"Can it wait, I have to go on a business trip for a couple days and I'm in a meeting right now." He lies and your heart sinks.

"Yeah... have a safe trip." You say your heart breaking as he just blatantly lied to you.

"I'll see you when I get back." He replies, and you nod.

"Okay." You reply as you quickly hang up just in time for the tears to fall from your eyes. You look back across the street to take one last look at him to see that he had just shoved his phone in his jacket pocket and wrapping his arm around the new woman and walk away.