Chapter 3 - Steve

"Um, Thor, honey, can you take Lily riding while I talk to Steve?" You ask your boyfriend as your eyes move from Steve back to Thor.

"Are you sure?" Thor asks concern filling his eyes.

"Yeah, if I need help, I'll give you a yell." You reply patting Thor on the chest.

"Okay," He replies giving you a kiss before he walks over to a stall door to grab his shirt. "Come on Lily, last one to Elvis's stall is a rotten egg." He calls making her rush past you in a full out sprint making you smile as you watch Thor pretend to lose to her. Shaking your head, you turn back to Steve and motion for him to follow you to the house.

"He's not with you, is he?" You ask nearing him and he shakes his head.

"It's just me." He answers and as you walk past him he matches you step for step.

"Thank you, you know, for last night." You say your eyes moving from him to the house in front of you.

"I told him not to come over here yet; but you know him, he does what he wants." Steve says and you nod.

"That he does." You reply hate lacing your words. "As much as I missed seeing you Steve, what are you doing here?"

"Playing mediator." He replies and you pause in your footsteps your eyes narrowing at him.

"What does he want?"

"He wants to talk to you."

"About Lily?" You ask your eyes moving back to the barn right as Thor and lily ride out of the barn both laughing happily.

"You have to admit (Name), he wants to at least meet her." Steve says making you look down at the ground as you softly nod.

"I don't care about what he wants Steve. I stopped caring a long time ago." You pause folding your arms around your stomach as an unseen cold breeze sends a chill up your spine. "But, I will talk to him. It's about time we put all this behind us and move on. For Lily's sake anyway."

"Thank you (Name)." Steve says as he gently places a hand on your shoulder.

"I'll also talk to Lily and see what she wants to do. If she wants to meet him, I'll let her; but if she doesn't." You pause to meet his eyes. "I won't force her. Bucky will have to live with her decision."

"Understood. When do you wanna talk?" Steve asks moving to place his hands in his bomber leather jacket.

"Thor and I have this party we have to go to at the country club tonight for his parents. They have a conference room there. I'll give him five minutes, and Thor will be there with me as I assume you'll be there for him."

"Sounds good. I'll have Bucky there." Steve replies and you nod.

"Thank you again Steve." You add making him pull his hands from his pockets and wrap his arms around you tightly.

"You'll always be my friend. No matter what happens with Buck, I'll always be here if you need me." Steve says and you let out a sigh of relief as you hold tightly to him. You knew he meant his words. Steve was always the better man of the two. His wife Peggy was a lucky woman. "Honestly, I'm surprised your being so nice to me."

"Well I'm not angry with you. You didn't do anything for me to be angry with you over." You reply as you pull away from him. "You can't help it your friend's an ass."

"I better get back before he follows me out here." Steve says and you nod.

"Tell him that we are only talking about our divorce and Lily; I won't be taking him back, so I don't wanna talk about it." You add and Steve reluctantly nods.