Chapter 13: A Meeting of Heroes

*Hey, guys. Sorry for the month-long delay, but I finally managed to finish up this chapter. It took a bit more time since I needed to reread portions of The Titan's Curse in order to write certain characters as accurately as I could. Hope you enjoy it!

Also, I decided to go with the Riordanverse's timeline and have this story be set in 2007. That means Chapters 1-11 all happened on December 13th, 2007, and it'll all progress from there.

Chapter 13: A Meeting of Heroes

Somewhere on Mount Tamalpais, San Francisco, Friday, December 14th, 2007 (Age 775)

Much like the Olympians, Kronos and his Titan Army moved their headquarters to a part of the United States. It was specifically situated in San Francisco, California, where a recreation of the original location, Mount Othrys, began to be built by Kronos' loyal followers. The King of the Titans himself was still reforming within his sarcophagus, of course, but most of his subjects continued planning Olympus' downfall in his stead. One such subject was his current second-in-command, Atlas.

He was a tall, extremely muscular man with slicked-back hair, tanned skin, and stone-gray eyes. His physique fit that of a battle-hardened warrior, yet at the moment, he was wearing a typical brown business suit. This was most likely the outfit he wore when integrating himself into the mortal world, even if he greatly detested such an action. From his perspective, mortals were far beneath his level of authority and power.

Nicknamed "The General" by his army of monsters, Atlas roughly massaged his aching neck. It felt good not having to hold up the heavens for a change.

"Ahhh! It feels good to be walking out and about like this again. Don't you think so, Castellan?" Atlas groaned in satisfaction. He glanced over to the demigod, Luke Castellan, as he physically struggled holding up the sky in Atlas' place.

Luke was a 20-year-old man with short, sandy blonde hair and striking blue eyes. Although considered attractive by conventional means, the deep scar running down his right eye gave a certain kind of edge to him. Holding up the sky for days on end also took a considerable toll on his mortal body. His skin looked to be a ghostly pale while streaks of white coated his once bright hair.

"Oh right. I guess you'll still be holding that for a while, huh? My bad." Atlas evilly chuckled. His laugh was booming and deep, causing a slight shiver to go down Luke's spine as he heard it.

"Errrgh! R-Remember the damn plan, Atlas. I-I don't know if I can go on like this for much longer." Luke grunted out in pain.

Atlas snorted. "Watch your tone with me, boy. I could send your ass straight to Tartarus in an instant."

"And remind me again, Atlas. What exactly is our role in this convoluted plan of yours?" A new voice asked impatiently.

Atlas looked toward this person in annoyance. Leaning against a stone pillar in the shadows, a man with teal skin and long, orange hair stood. His head was covered by a black bandana while he wore a blue jacket and ruffled, white pants. These pants were tied down by a sash similar in color to his bandana. His jacket additionally extended down to his feet, which were both covered by large, yellow-black boots. He had a pair of three necklaces wrapped around his muscular neck as well.

Given his elven ears and cold, intimidating smirk, it was clear that Bojack did not originate from Earth. The same could be said for the other four combatants standing behind him.

"Patience, Bojack. I was just about to explain it to you." Atlas grunted. He never really wanted this alien's help to begin with, but the immense power Bojack possessed made him quite a worthy ally. And apparently, Kronos was perceptive enough to see that.