Chapter 4: Hunted (Rewrite)

*Here's the rewritten version of Chapter 4. I'm really proud of the changes I made to this chapter, so hope you enjoy it.

Goku, unsurprisingly, managed to eat every single meal Tom's Restaurant had to offer in record timing. Everyone in the diner was stunned speechless as soon as the Saiyan let out a loud belch laced with the utmost satisfaction. The other customers couldn't even finish their meals due to them being distracted by his ravenous eating habits.

He rubbed his stomach and beamed. "Man, that was good! You were right about this cheering me up, Aphrodite. I haven't felt this happy in a long time. Hehe."

Aphrodite gave him a strained grin. Despite witnessing so many moments from his life, she still felt a little grossed out by how fast and messy of an eater Goku was. She still loved him, regardless, but given her limited supply of drachma, she'd need to properly prepare for their next date in advance.

"Glad to hear that." The goddess said. "It's good that you're not letting this situation get to you too much."

"Well, I'm still a little upset about it, but there's no use moping around. After everything I've seen from your memories, there's all sorts of gods and monsters that I'm itching to fight. Especially that Zeus guy. He looks super strong!"

The excited, battle-ready look on Goku's face caused Aphrodite to place a hand over her mouth and giggle. There were far more powerful gods than Zeus out there, but she preferred not to mention that fact so soon.

"Ah, your Saiyan instincts are already setting in, I see?" She slyly quipped.

"Yeah, guess so. Your world just has so many things to see and look forward to!"

Aphrodite then pursed her lips and looked a bit more worried. It would be any moment now before the other Olympians realized what she was up to.

"And many things to be cautious of as well..."

Goku raised an eyebrow. "What was that?"

Their waitress then came over with a large, almost meter-long bill in her hands. She sighed in relief after realizing that Goku's plates were already taken back to the kitchen.

"O-Okay, folks. Do you want to pay... erm... all of that with cash or credit?"

Aphrodite dug through her purse and pulled out a handful of golden drachma. For a split second, Goku saw them transform into multiple one-hundred dollar bills before becoming coins again.

Whoa! How did that happen?

"Cash. And please... do keep the change, okay?"

The waitress gathered the coins-turned-dollars in surprise. She was not expecting this odd couple to be so rich. Slapping herself a few more times to see if she was dreaming, the waitress gratefully bowed her head.

"T-Thank you! Have a good night, you two!"

She then bolted over to the kitchen and told everyone how much money Aphrodite gave her. All that could be heard were muffled screams and laughs as Goku raised up a single finger in curiosity.

"How did you turn those gold coins... into dollars like that? Was it some kind of magic spell or something?"

The love goddess looked hesitant to say anything. Seeing the restaurant's manager glaring at them, she leaned close to Goku's ear and whispered, "I'll tell you everything outside. Let's leave the restaurant first, kay?"

The martial artist shrugged. "If you say so."

Smiling, she grabbed his hand and exited Tom's Restaurant together. The disguised manager snarled at this simple, yet clever action.