Chapter 5: Artemis's Foul (Rewrite)

*Here's the rewritten version of Chapter 5. Hope you enjoy the small changes I made to it!

"AND STAY OUT!"

In an attempt to buy some new clothes like Aphrodite suggested, Goku found himself kicked out almost immediately. Anything that the boutique provided ended up being ripped apart, torn, or stretched out due to them being unable to fit Goku's muscular physique. He, unfortunately, had to use up most of Aphrodite's money just to pay for all of the damages.

This didn't bother him all that much, though. Shopping for clothes was never something he really enjoyed doing. Chi-Chi was always more into that stuff than he was.

"Oh well. Aphrodite was probably exaggerating about my gi being a target for monsters, anyway." The Saiyan said with a shrug.

With the remaining drachma he had left, Goku bought about five hotdogs from the nearest vendor. The old man's eyes almost popped out of their sockets seeing him gobble them all up in one single gulp, but thought it best not say anything. Any paying customer was welcome in his book, after all.

The martial artist then wandered off to a forested area near Long Island's easternmost tip. It rested along the shores of the Atlantic Ocean, serving as a border between New York and another neighboring state called Connecticut.

This forest was filled with many towering oak and pine trees, each of them blocking out the sun's light from up above. As a result, a thick blanket of darkness was formed that made everything much more ominous in nature than it really was.

It gave Goku the sense that he was being watched by someone, something, or potentially a mix of both. Said uneasiness, however, did nothing to deter him from exploring further. He had experienced far worse growing up amongst the dangerous wildlife of Mt. Paozu.

The same could not be said for the biting sense of boredom starting to set in. He let out a loud, prolonged yawn while continuing to walk along the trail.

"Wish Aphrodite could have given me a better idea of where I should go. This forest is starting to tire me out from just looking at it."

Unbeknownst to him, Artemis and her hunters had just arrived. They sprinted from tree to tree until the moon goddess raised her hand as an indication for them to stop until further notice.

"There he is. It appears that Father's prediction was accurate..."

Her preteen followers then scattered across the entire forest, some camouflaged atop trees and others crouched down behind small bushes. Artemis, on the other hand, kept herself hidden in plain sight, causing her golden eyes to shine brilliantly amongst the darkened woodland.

Zoë scoffed upon seeing their target from afar. "Thy man doesn't look all that impressive. One shot should be more than enough."

She prepared to notch an arrow from her silver bow, but was stopped by Artemis. The goddess glared at her second-in-command for acting so foolish.

"Don't be so certain, Zoë. Lord Zeus told us to track him down for a reason. It wouldn't be wise to underestimate his abilities."

"But he's—" The lieutenant held back a retort and begrudgingly looked down at the grass beneath her feet. "N-No, you're right. Sorry, my lady."

Artemis rested a hand on her shoulder, but didn't even dare look away from Goku's approaching form.

"Save your apologies, child. We'll all know what Son Goku is capable of soon enough."

Darting her eyes from one part of the forest to another, she took a deep breath and understood that each Hunter of Artemis, including Zoë, was now ready to strike. She pulled back the string of her bow and made preparations to fire an divine arrow at Goku's head.